IGNORED

Never forget your Welsh...

Jack Dawe

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Or the side that beat a Belgium side missing Kompany, Vertonghen and Vermaelen after beating a side (NI) that has 43 professional footballers to pick from...

That was still an excellent Belgium side. For me, Wales have been one of the best teams in the tournament, better than Portugal in fact

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

And imagine his (Wes's) Welshness. Simon Church (born in Amersham) is English. I'd be p1ssed off if I was Wes and this Church chappie keeps getting picked instead of him. 

I would imagine they would have got a lot more support on this forum if he had been picked.

14 hours ago, shepton red said:

My good feeling went out of the window following the Welsh teams over reaction at England being beaten by Iceland.

No bad feeling towards them, just no longer give a monkeys.

Exactly that, my grandfather (who I never met emigrated to Bristol from Wales in the early 1900's), my Mrs is welsh and I have a cousin who lives in Wales now (welsh mother) and is a dragon through and through,

I still couldn't bring myself to support them last night after the Welsh Players celebrated England's loss against Iceland - it was like they had won the world cup and mirrored Leicester City's players celebration! Sad really

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Exactly that, my grandfather (who I never met emigrated to Bristol from Wales in the early 1900's), my Mrs is welsh and I have a cousin who lives in Wales now (welsh mother) and is a dragon through and through,

I still couldn't bring myself to support them last night after the Welsh Players celebrated England's loss against Iceland - it was like they had won the world cup and mirrored Leicester City's players celebration! Sad really

But it wasn't just Wales though. The whole world wanted England to lose because Iceland winning was just amazing really. I remember celebrating Watson's FA cup final goal vs Man City because it was just amazing for football. If the team that happens to lose is a rival (and a patronising rival at that as seen by the Press' response) then I'd celebrate too.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Open top bus tour 4pm tomorow - for losing in a semi final?? 

Yes , they done well but this is a step to far!!

In fairness, given Wales' past achievements at international tournaments this is way beyond anything that anyone expected of them so why shouldn't they celebrate?

Iceland had a massive celebration for losing in a quarter final!

Good luck to them and their fans having a good time - I expect it will be a tremendous atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

But it wasn't just Wales though. The whole world wanted England to lose because Iceland winning was just amazing really. I remember celebrating Watson's FA cup final goal vs Man City because it was just amazing for football. If the team that happens to lose is a rival (and a patronising rival at that as seen by the Press' response) then I'd celebrate too.

Understand what you're saying but i'm sure you understand that as an Englishman i'd want to beat you down !

14 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Understand what you're saying but i'm sure you understand that as an Englishman i'd want to beat you down !

I'm English (although I have a Welsh Grandmother) and I didn't want Wales to win because I'd have 1/4 of my family gloating like mad, however if I was Welsh I'd probably be stood on the bridge with pants around my ankles, pissing on the english side with a sign that said **** off England!

Okay maybe not. I've had to be really humble now and try and talk about Rugby at family get togethers.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

How come there`s no 3rd/4th place game this time?

There never has been in the Euros, only World Cups.

Many teams have said they don't like the 3rd place play off game, as it is an anticlimax after losing a semi final.

3rd place or 4th place still sounds better than semi finalist, though.

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

There never has been in the Euros, only World Cups.

Many teams have said they don't like the 3rd place play off game, as it is an anticlimax after losing a semi final.

3rd place or 4th place still sounds better than semi finalist, though.

You can see their point I suppose, they do end up just being friendlies sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

That Greaseman reminds me of Joey B..... ........

If only! 50 million quid`s worth. Maybe in a couple of years, who knows?

Interesting to hear the same old story about him though - rejected by lots of clubs for being too small until someone decided to take a punt on him. You`d think some of them would have learnt by now.

Archived