IGNORED

Could Wales actually win Euro 2016

daored

20 hours ago, City169 said:

Exactly, I have no idea how Flint and Smith didn't make it into the squad!

Flint is Welsh (well, if Robson Kanu is Welsh...), and Korey Smith's mum works in Iceland. That's how

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Wales can defiantly win it, but with one proviso: that they first beat Portugal. Then they can win it, yes.

The laws of physics say they can win it - in the same way a team of monkeys could, 'technically'.

England tested this, and failed.

But I agree, Wales 'could' win it.

Uncle TFR

Living in Wales, surrounded by Welsh folk with a son who favours Wales over England for both football and rugby, I hope so.  The atmosphere over here during the tournament has been nothing short of amazing with a large number going over to France from Caldicot.

However, Wales will miss Aaron Ramsey on Wednesday more than they will admit.  Him and Bale have been remarkable.  Therefore they may struggle to get past Portugal let alone France/Germany.

I do hope Wales beat Portugal wednesday evening and make the final, will be a wake up call to the English FA to get themselves sorted out. England fast becoming a joke football nation just like Scotland.

So Cmo'n Wales Wednesday just do it. 

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I would say they could definitely win it defiantly.

Defiance is definitely a great quality to have when you're the underdog.

There in with a great chance, mate. Defiantly

23 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What a sad comment.  Wales are a team of British players, including some former Bristol City players.  What would be sad about them winning?

If Rovers were in the champions league would you be rooting for them to win? Not a chance.

On 3 July 2016 at 03:13, Rob k said:

For the same reason the majority of Welshmen would prefer anyone but England to win!

We would need a referednum to prove that squire. I suspect the quiet majority would like any home nation to do well. Me being one of them. 

I hope they give the arrogant Ronaligal an absolute tonking. Nani no better either.

12 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Living in Wales, surrounded by Welsh folk with a son who favours Wales over England for both football and rugby, I hope so.  The atmosphere over here during the tournament has been nothing short of amazing with a large number going over to France from Caldicot.

However, Wales will miss Aaron Ramsey on Wednesday more than they will admit.  Him and Bale have been remarkable.  Therefore they may struggle to get past Portugal let alone France/Germany.

Is Ramsey suspended? That will indeed be a huge loss.

I honestly did want them to do well until I saw them celebrating like mad when we lost to Iceland. That and Bale and how arrogant he has been.

I can certainly see them getting to the final now. I wouldn't be surprised if they did win it. Just the up for it underdog spirit.

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

I honestly did want them to do well until I saw them celebrating like mad when we lost to Iceland. That and Bale and how arrogant he has been.

I can certainly see them getting to the final now. I wouldn't be surprised if they did win it. Just the up for it underdog spirit.

Yes but you do have to consider that the majority of footballers are:-

1. Younger than the average UK adult and are less mature as a result.

2. In a group of high testosterone motivated individuals who's sole focus is to win.

3. Still carry the badge of honour of Wales and the UK whether they portray it or not.

Frankly, we should not care two hoops how they react to a pitiful England performance. Nor should we be so sensitive about it. We should rejoice in the fact that actually these islands that we all share does have the ability. For far too long we have lived in the shadow of virtually every other team in Western Europe. If Wales awake the stupor in all teams, especially England of course, then they will have done a great service to UK football and i for one salute them wholeheartedly for that with or without cheeky bravado. 

Archived