IGNORED

Could Wales actually win Euro 2016

daored

Semi final against Portugal, Bale v Ronaldo. Fancy the Welsh to win on Wednesday.

But, could they win the tournament? A one off game against , Italy, Germany, France or the mightly Iceland? 

Would you bet against them? Everything, England lack, team spirit, desire, hungry

As well as Wales have played today, I just can't see them winning the Euros.

France will have home advantage, but I suspect who ever wins the Germany/Italy game will do it.

49 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I just hope the FA look and see what a bunch of players from the same divisions, or lower, can achieve when they have a clear game plan and organisation.

England need to tear the rule book up and give a motivator and tactician the job. 

Also be willing to pick players outside of the Premier league, Championship players play for Wales and Iceland, why won't we pick them.

Andre Gray scored 25 times for Burnley last season and looked the part, Rashford ( I'm not doubting he has talent, but wait till he is actually proven) has played 15? pro games, But he played in the Prem, so Gray doesn't get a look in. 

To me there is far more desire in Championship players, and certainly a lot of talent in the division, about time some were given a chance.

Haha can you imagine if Roy Hodgson picked Andre Gray instead of Harry Kane?  I know exactly what you mean though. I mean even the reluctance to pick players from Leicester and West Ham is absolutely ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Also be willing to pick players outside of the Premier league, Championship players play for Wales and Iceland, why won't we pick them.

Andre Gray scored 25 times for Burnley last season and looked the part, Rashford ( I'm not doubting he has talent, but wait till he is actually proven) has played 15? pro games, But he played in the Prem, so Gray doesn't get a look in. 

To me there is far more desire in Championship players, and certainly a lot of talent in the division, about time some were given a chance.

I've thought this for a couple of years now, there's a lot of quality and talent in the Championship, but saying that there is still a lot of untapped talent in the Prem - Troy Deeney for example.

Edit - without checking, is Deeney eligible for England, or has he been capped by another country?

Greece won it in 2004 against the hosts in the final, Denmark won it in 1992 despite only qualifying because of civil war in Yugoslavia and Leicester just won the Premier League so with that in mind I'd say the Welsh can very much win it.

And a big F-You it would be to the estabished order, too !!

However, I'm routing for Iceland.

32 minutes ago, #roe said:

Haha can you imagine if Roy Hodgson picked Andre Gray instead of Harry Kane?  I know exactly what you mean though. I mean even the reluctance to pick players from Leicester and West Ham is absolutely ridiculous.

I would actually say that because the teams we played were happy to 'sit in' it would have probably suited Gray more than Kane, and even probably Vardy. We needed a striker with movement between the edge of the D and the penalty spot. One two's etc, I can't remember us doing that once.

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I would actually say that because the teams we played were happy to 'sit in' it would have probably suited Gray more than Kane, and even probably Vardy. We needed a striker with movement between the edge of the D and the penalty spot. One two's etc, I can't remember us doing that once.

The trouble is if Gray had gone, he`d probably have never got on the pitch a la Barkley.

9 hours ago, #roe said:

That's the absurd thing. You just know Kane will start the next England game, no questions asked despite him being consistently awful. I would play Andre Gray and Jermain Defoe up top.

16 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Exactly, I have no idea how Flint and Smith didn't make it into the squad!

i don't want  to begrudge Wales their success, and I thought they were outstanding last night.  But they were fortunate to beat Slovakia with a scuffed shot, lost to England, and beat a very poor Russian side.  They were outplayed by Northern Ireland, and won with an own goal.  Due to injuries and suspension, Belgium were missing two of their most  experienced defenders, which meant their back four had never played together before, and it showed……..especially for the Williams headed equaliser.  Wales have been fortunate not to sustain any injuries or suspensions, and so have played with a settled side.  However they now have suspensions to contend with, they have had a great run, and everything has gone their way.  I will be backing Portugal, because I am certain that the semi final is as far as they are going, which is a fantastic achievement, which puts Englands bunch of wasters to shame. So No they won't win Euro 2016.  

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What a sad comment.  Wales are a team of British players, including some former Bristol City players.  What would be sad about them winning?

For the same reason the majority of Welshmen would prefer anyone but England to win!

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

i don't want  to begrudge Wales their success, and I thought they were outstanding last night.  But they were fortunate to beat Slovakia with a scuffed shot, lost to England, and beat a very poor Russian side.  They were outplayed by Northern Ireland, and won with an own goal.  Due to injuries and suspension, Belgium were missing two of their most  experienced defenders, which meant their back four had never played together before, and it showed……..especially for the Williams headed equaliser.  Wales have been fortunate not to sustain any injuries or suspensions, and so have played with a settled side.  However they now have suspensions to contend with, they have had a great run, and everything has gone their way.  I will be backing Portugal, because I am certain that the semi final is as far as they are going, which is a fantastic achievement, which puts Englands bunch of wasters to shame. So No they won't win Euro 2016.  

Fair play to them but I was telling myself the same thing before round of 16 that they wont get to the semis out of mainly hope but sadly they could win the tournament. If there is a wake up call to English Football its now, **** changing the leagues and academies we need players who will give it their all and a Manager who isn't just a mouthpiece for the shambles that are in charge of the FA.

Archived