IGNORED

Crunch time

Alwaystomorrow

We have reached the stage where we need results from our behind the scenes activity in the transfer market. The clock is ticking and I am beginning to worry about the relative lull in proceedings. How long does it take to negotiate a deal with Tomlin? If he doesn't want to join us for the money that is on the table, then we should move on and look elsewhere.

we need at least 3/4 new players who have experience in this league to give us a chance of being relatively competitive and a mid table side. 

The next week or so is crunch time. We should expect to be disappointed that Tomlin won't join us but hope we are not spending too much time trying to negotiate a deal for him and taking our eye off the ball in regard to the bigger picture.

our much lauded back room staff have done their talking and we have been impressed, but talk is cheap. It is crunch time for them to deliver.

11 hours ago, RumRed said:

I'd let Lee, Mark and Steve know directly if I were you, perhaps they got distracted by the snow globe Tomlin bought back from holiday and forgot the multimillion pound business they were running?

Pretty much the most relevant fact that many fail to consider.

I know SL is loaded, but the club isn't....although it is a far better financial state than it would be wthout him.

Too many people think it's Football Manager, e.g. Let's just get rid of El-Abd, when there's a contract to pay up, or let's just pay Tomlin a big signing on fee in lieu of wages.  Ok, that might be the answer but it's a serious business....and hypocritical when we look back at our previous form, I.e. 1982!

It appears that the main men are trying, but it isn't easy.

17 hours ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

We have reached the stage where we need results from our behind the scenes activity in the transfer market. The clock is ticking and I am beginning to worry about the relative lull in proceedings. How long does it take to negotiate a deal with Tomlin? If he doesn't want to join us for the money that is on the table, then we should move on and look elsewhere.

we need at least 3/4 new players who have experience in this league to give us a chance of being relatively competitive and a mid table side. 

The next week or so is crunch time. We should expect to be disappointed that Tomlin won't join us but hope we are not spending too much time trying to negotiate a deal for him and taking our eye off the ball in regard to the bigger picture.

our much lauded back room staff have done their talking and we have been impressed, but talk is cheap. It is crunch time for them to deliver.

its july 4th, the season is over a month away the transfer window is still open until the end of august,

chill the **** out :)

16 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Every season the same moaning...last year was probably the first year it was warranted. Patience.

Last year was a shambles but I don't think Cott's demeanour when asked about signings would have helped tempt players to AG. Even if your plans have gone down the proverbial and you feel hard done by you'd still blag it in the media whilst the window was open.

5 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Every season the same moaning...last year was probably the first year it was warranted. Patience.

It's also rather telling that the season where we got our business done early we won two trophies.

If Tomlin does indeed sign then it's a sign that patience does pay off, but it's very hard to dismiss the value in good preparation for the season.

18 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It's also rather telling that the season where we got our business done early we won two trophies.

If Tomlin does indeed sign then it's a sign that patience does pay off, but it's very hard to dismiss the value in good preparation for the season.

25th jun wade, little

26th jun Freeman

27th jun Smith

2nd jul Wilbs

8th jul Ayling

21st Aug Agard

So this time 2 years ago we had 5 through the door, currently we have 3 in with 1 more imminent so I'd say we are 1 over par at the moment 

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Summer of '80 warranted it, mate. And the following summer. And the one after that. The winters were even worse. This summer's a breeze in comparison...

57 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

What's also telling in that success you reference there: League One.

15 hours ago, Monkeh said:

So this time 2 years ago we had 5 through the door, currently we have 3 in with 1 more imminent so I'd say we are 1 over par at the moment

Did I miss one? As far as I can remember, we have Brownhill and O'Neill.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Did I miss one? As far as I can remember, we have Brownhill and O'Neill.

For some reason people are classing Jonathan Smith as a first team signing, even though he only made a handful of appearances for Wrexham in the Conference.

11 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

For some reason people are classing Jonathan Smith as a first team signing, even though he only made a handful of appearances for Wrexham in the Conference.

because he is a first team signing, as it was announced and is on our transfer tracker, where as the u21 signings haven't been announced and aren't on the transfer tracker

Archived