IGNORED

Korey Smith

P'head Red

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know the players train at Failand but some of them are seen down at AG. If Smith was signing a new contract why not sign it up at Failand? 

I think they'd make a big deal of it. Probably full photo shoot and interview etc. Maybe he's getting captaincy too?

1 hour ago, Clarky89 said:

Kodjia, Tomlin, Smith and Flint is some Championship spine, isn't it?!? I'm so excited. 

Richard O'Donnell ;)

Fantastic piece of business tying KS till 2019. Well deserved for his outstanding performances over the last few years & a standout week in week out. Clearly played through the pain barrier at the end of last season

As for him being at AG & Failand then that's possible. He's here, He's there, He's every ******* where KS

Just watched his player interview and Korey is the ideal. Humble and appreciative but also a bloody great player as well. We have a few of these lads currently and that can only be a positive influence on the football club. I love Korey, he is an amazing lad. His family should be proud of him. Congratulations to him for getting a new contract, he has worked for it and deserves everything he has been given.

3 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Just watched his player interview and Korey is the ideal. Humble and appreciative but also a bloody great player as well. We have a few of these lads currently and that can only be a positive influence on the football club. I love Korey, he is an amazing lad. His family should be proud of him. Congratulations to him for getting a new contract, he has worked for it and deserves everything he has been given.

We have got a decent grounded bunch and have for a year or two now - so refreshing after the overpaid wasters from a few years ago. God forbid we sign some prima donna that screws it all up but I have faith in the management that they won`t allow that.

It is a valuable legacy that Cotts left us with.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

We have got a decent grounded bunch and have for a year or two now - so refreshing after the overpaid wasters from a few years ago. God forbid we sign some prima donna that screws it all up but I have faith in the management that they won`t allow that.

It is a valuable legacy that Cotts left us with.

I couldn't agree more, our dressing room is absolutely solid and the players all appear to want to be around one another. We won't ruin that anytime soon. I think it was a factor in both Tomlin and Smith signing and I would also expect that Flint will want to stay too. He may get a new contract yet to adjust his wages. I know he is under contract and recently but adjustments sometimes need to be made. We have a higher income now due to the stadium and the events will increase if nothing else, a small adjustment isn't a bad thing to keep key players.

3 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I couldn't agree more, our dressing room is absolutely solid and the players all appear to want to be around one another. We won't ruin that anytime soon. I think it was a factor in both Tomlin and Smith signing and I would also expect that Flint will want to stay too. He may get a new contract yet to adjust his wages. I know he is under contract and recently but adjustments sometimes need to be made. We have a higher income now due to the stadium and the events will increase if nothing else, a small adjustment isn't a bad thing to keep key players.

It is refreshing after all the crap we`ve had to put up with and long may it continue. BTW, did you see the bit in the LJ interview after LT signed about the squad all cheering in the canteen at Failand when LT walked in? Tells you all you need to know really.

Yes, it was a massive boost to everyone involved. I know we wanted Tomlin to sign (possibly too much) but that was the expected boost to morale. They know him and know his quality. They will now be expecting a great season. Once we settled down last year, we would have finished top 6. Bring in a couple more quality additions and it will be lift off. I'm so happy but we can do better as we absolutely will bring in some more. Especially now. Also it is massively encouraging (discussed elsewhere) that we are ramping up the development squad (reserves). Everything is good! #CTID

11 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Yes, it was a massive boost to everyone involved. I know we wanted Tomlin to sign (possibly too much) but that was the expected boost to morale. They know him and know his quality. They will now be expecting a great season. Once we settled down last year, we would have finished top 6. Bring in a couple more quality additions and it will be lift off. I'm so happy but we can do better as we absolutely will bring in some more. Especially now. Also it is massively encouraging (discussed elsewhere) that we are ramping up the development squad (reserves). Everything is good! #CTID

Really impressed with the Development signings too.  Obviously no idea his good they are, but with no emergency loans, there's every chance that some might feature throughout the season.

Not only are we trying to get a decent sized full squad, but we were also lacking in u21s too...so are playing catch up on both fronts.

Some players in both squads will fall by the wayside, and some will grasp their opportunity, but hopefully by the time January's window is over I'm hopeful there will no longer be panic along the lines of - we can't let X go until we get a replacement in.

Not getting carried away in terms of challenging for promotion, but I see a good solid base to progress from.  Remaining signings, should there be any / many, are icing on the cake.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really impressed with the Development signings too.  Obviously no idea his good they are, but with no emergency loans, there's every chance that some might feature throughout the season.

Not only are we trying to get a decent sized full squad, but we were also lacking in u21s too...so are playing catch up on both fronts.

Some players in both squads will fall by the wayside, and some will grasp their opportunity, but hopefully by the time January's window is over I'm hopeful there will no longer be panic along the lines of - we can't let X go until we get a replacement in.

Not getting carried away in terms of challenging for promotion, but I see a good solid base to progress from.  Remaining signings, should there be any / many, are icing on the cake.

You seem extremely grounded :laugh:.

That is how I see this situation panning out to mate. We won't win the league (fingers crossed we do) but we are not going down either though. The future is bright mate. We should be excited. A few more signings (GK, CB, RB and striker) and we will be brilliant (that sounds bad when written down). We have players who can absolutely do the job currently but if we can improve them though then we absolutely should. Maybe two perms and two season long loans from decent prem clubs. If we don't need a GK then go for a RM/RW instead (Canos would be ideal but not happening)

Archived