IGNORED

Huddersfield

brizzlelou

Agreed two potential good signings for Town.

However I clicked on the link and then followed a link from that to a G of T article and a warning message appeared stating I was about to give away my passwords etc.. To escape, I had to use the off button on the PC itself as the screen froze.

Mate's a Huddersfield supporter, he seems a bit surprised syill at the Mo'. 11 new signings I think it is , statement of intent. Could be a very good division next year , we need to pull our fingers out. 

On a side note I think Baker played the first half for Villa today , may have to look elsewhere.

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Mate's a Huddersfield supporter, he seems a bit surprised syill at the Mo'. 11 new signings I think it is , statement of intent. Could be a very good division next year , we need to pull our fingers out. 

On a side note I think Baker played the first half for Villa today , may have to look elsewhere.

Just Di Matteo having a look at everyone I reckon. Hope so anyway.

As abov we won't know how well they'll all gel this season, but they're making a good number of signings that will look to move them away from a basement battle....a bit like us...albeit more volumous.

Despitea good run near the end, they finished 1 place below us, but does suggest Wagner could be decent.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As abov we won't know how well they'll all gel this season, but they're making a good number of signings that will look to move them away from a basement battle....a bit like us...albeit more volumous.

Despitea good run near the end, they finished 1 place below us, but does suggest Wagner could be decent.

Think it's going to be a very competitive league next year. Clearly the three relegated teams should be pushing for automatic , along with Wednesday, Brighton and possibly Derby. 

Gamble by Huddersfield, but I guess that's what a foreign coach tends to do , buy from what he knows of. Leeds are buying a mix of experience and youth from lower leagues.

Huddersfield are taking a big risk. The players they've signed are rated in the countries they're coming from but so many European signings in one squad in one summer is asking quite a bit. It could be one of the stronger squads in the division with excellent value for the money they've paid or many could struggle to adapt and they'll struggle to stay up. Obviously it's more likely to end up somewhere in the middle but they will be one of the more unknown qualities going into the new season. 

From a BCFC perspective, I think we need to be looking at some more signings like Huddersfield have made. We've only Kodjia who isn't English(British). I think a couple signings from Europe would be a good gamble. They wouldn't have so much pressure to succeed right away. They'd have the experience all around them in English football and would in theory help them adapt quicker. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Huddersfield are taking a big risk. The players they've signed are rated in the countries they're coming from but so many European signings in one squad in one summer is asking quite a bit. It could be one of the stronger squads in the division with excellent value for the money they've paid or many could struggle to adapt and they'll struggle to stay up. Obviously it's more likely to end up somewhere in the middle but they will be one of the more unknown qualities going into the new season. 

From a BCFC perspective, I think we need to be looking at some more signings like Huddersfield have made. We've only Kodjia who isn't English(British). I think a couple signings from Europe would be a good gamble. They wouldn't have so much pressure to succeed right away. They'd have the experience all around them in English football and would in theory help them adapt quicker. 

In fairness , I think we've been trying .

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness , I think we've been trying .

I wasn't trying to imply we weren't though it probably looks that way by my wording.  I'm sure we are having a go of it though. We seem to be looking at the upper echelon of prospects in France like Kodjia and Mousset so I'm happy with that. Just hoping we can get another bargain on board as at the moment, it's the only place to get excellent value for money. Example £2.1m for Kodjia and £3m for Roofe. Maybe Roofe is spectacular but a player of the year for 2.1m seems the better business. 

If they were that good surely Dortmund would want to keep them or at least sell them for a good price. I dont really know any of the players they signed but im sure they are a decent standard.

That said i can see huddersfield being a really good team as wagner likes to play play good high tempo football and in sure he has great contacts in the game.

Most teams in our league or adding some good players to their squad we just have to hope that our signings are better!

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Having eleven new signings maybe a signal of intent but having them all gel into a team is a big ask. Especially moving to Yorkshire from Europe. 

2 hours ago, !james said:

Didn't answer my question!

I do know about Slovenian football yes. I spend a fair bit of time in Slovenia as my wife is Slovenian. So to answer your question without sounding big headed, probably know more than you, hence me starting this topic. Russian however fvck all...

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought that about Wednesday's Carvalho signings last season.  Got that wrong didn't I?

In fairness out of their 6 signings and loans from abroad; probably only Joao and Lopez could be considered successes, and Joao still only scored 6 times. Lachman got loaned out without playing a game, Matias only played 17 times, Sougou 9, Sasso 15.

Their best signings were all from English clubs; Bannan, Hunt, Hooper, Forestieri, Wallace, Pudil.

10 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

In fairness out of their 6 signings and loans from abroad; probably only Joao and Lopez could be considered successes, and Joao still only scored 6 times. Lachman got loaned out without playing a game, Matias only played 17 times, Sougou 9, Sasso 15.

Their best signings were all from English clubs; Bannan, Hunt, Hooper, Forestieri, Wallace, Pudil.

Yeah, good point....:thumbsup:

On 7/9/2016 at 22:17, 1960maaan said:

only if they gel, it can back fire as well, 

Archived