IGNORED

Euro final

Lanterne Rouge

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A classy contribution, well done.

Have a look at the clip on you tube from the quarter final of the world cup in Germany 2006, see Ronaldo's classy reaction to getting Rooney sent off.

3 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Rooney got himself sent off for a blatant stamp. Not Ronaldo. 

The histrionics, play acting call it what you will was cheating and influenced the referee as to the seriousness of the incident it's called cheating and always will be.

But I would not wish injury upon him because when he is not cheating or refusing to shake hands and plays football he is brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's very harsh. He might be an arrogant pig but that doesn't mean he deserved to get injured and have to come off. His loss devalues the final IMO.

I don't have an issue with his arrogance.  He's one of the best players in the world.  He has every right to be arrogant.

However, I simply detest his cheating (plus he's an ex-ManUre player which is unacceptable).  The cheat, who usually rolls around the ground in agony, can now watch the game from the changing room. :D.  His loss improves the final.  There is more to life than winning.

NB I hope he recovers as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Rooney got himself sent off for a blatant stamp. Not Ronaldo. 

It was more like a he trod on him than a stamp. However, Ronaldo feigned injury to ensure Rooney was sent off.

Ronaldo then proceeded to wink at a fellow professional, and also his club teammate, as Rooney left the field. Why anyone would want to defend him after two such unsportsmanlike acts is beyond me?

25 minutes ago, Chivs said:

What goes around comes around.  He's a nasty shit of a player.  Why not enjoy his injury in a major final?

4 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I don't have an issue with his arrogance.  He's one of the best players in the world.  He has every right to be arrogant.

However, I simply detest his cheating (plus he's an ex-ManUre player which is unacceptable).  The cheat, who usually rolls around the ground in agony, can now watch the game from the changing room. :D.  His loss improves the final.  There is more to life than winning.

NB I hope he recovers as soon as possible.

Beep Beep Beep Beep 

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Whilst he's not always covered himself in glory I find some of the views expressed repugnant.

Personally try to go through life not revelling in the misfortune of others 

I certainly wouldn't revel in the misfortune of someone I respected for their chivalry and conduct on the pitch.

Ronaldo is a fantastic player, but also a terrible cheat who regularly feigns injury to gain an advantage and now he is actually injured I have no sympathy for him.

I don't think that makes me repugnant. 

15 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Whilst he's not always covered himself in glory I find some of the views expressed repugnant.

Personally try to go through life not revelling in the misfortune of others 

and probably not trying to get a fellow professional (in whatever profession you work in) into trouble for something that that person has not done, that to would be repugnant.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I do appreciate why some may delight in his injury, but there's simply no explaining that comment!

He's a cheat.  His loss improves the final.  What don't you understand?

Or do you think cheating is an acceptable compromise for great players (e.g. Like Pele, Messi. Moore...)?

8 minutes ago, bakes said:

Ronaldo is a great football player but unfortunately not a great sportsman and a cheat.

The vast majority of Latin players are what we Brits called 'cheats'. It's in their psyche to try and con the referee. They feign injury, over reacting to slightest touch. They dive in the box.  Hey try to get  the opposition sent off.

When Michael Owen dived against Agentina and Beckham cored the penalty the next day the Argentinian papers were praising Owen and called him  "El Pirato" The pirate because he stole a penalty. No criticism of him at all. That sums up the Latino footballing psyche.

Imagine the outcry over here  if England had been on the end of that decision.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The vast majority of Latin players are what we Brits called 'cheats'. It's in their psyche to try and con the referee. They feign injury, over reacting to slightest touch. They dive in the box.  Hey try to get  the opposition sent off.

When Michael Owen dived against Agentina and Beckham cored the penalty the next day the Argentinian papers were praising Owen and called him  "El Pirato" The pirate because he stole a penalty. No criticism of him at all. That sums up the Latino footballing psyche.

There was more contact on Owen than many premiership penalties last season added together, you need to revisit that one, it was a penalty.

25 minutes ago, redfred said:

It was more like a he trod on him than a stamp. However, Ronaldo feigned injury to ensure Rooney was sent off.

Ronaldo then proceeded to wink at a fellow professional, and also his club teammate, as Rooney left the field. Why anyone would want to defend him after two such unsportsmanlike acts is beyond me?

How could have Ronaldo feign injury when Ricardo Carvalho was the one stamped on? 

7 minutes ago, Chivs said:

He's a cheat.  His loss improves the final.  What don't you understand?

Or do you think cheating is an acceptable compromise for great players (e.g. Like Pele, Messi. Moore...)?

I never condone cheating, but to say that Ronaldo's exclusion improves a game of football is ridiculous. 

Clearly you're watching a different game to me if you think this has improved since he went off ;) 

Surely anyone watching this is inherently neutral and wants to see the best game of football possible? 

Or are people that eaten up with revenge on what was a 19 year old kid they can't forget and would rather have a less enjoyable football match to make themselves feel he's got his just desserts?

Sorry, don't get that.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can't disagree with anything you have said, our mentality is that cheats never prosper, this is why most of these foreign teams have the advantage over us as for the fair play and respect sign they wear on their shirts being a sportsman does not enter the equation it is win at all costs.

1 hour ago, Cunnyfunt said:

How could have Ronaldo feign injury when Ricardo Carvalho was the one stamped on? 

You're absolutely right. It was in fact Ronaldo surrounding the referee, pointing out the crime, getting Rooney sent off and then winking at him in a 'job done' fashion that I was confusing myself with.

Hey ho - can I just use one of the other hundreds of occasions that he's feigned injury as an example of why I am laughing at him, instead?

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Surely anyone watching this is inherently neutral and wants to see the best game of football possible? 

Or are people that eaten up with revenge on what was a 19 year old kid they can't forget and would rather have a less enjoyable football match to make themselves feel he's got his just desserts?

Sorry, don't get that.

I can't stand cheats, and Ronaldo is one of the biggest cheats in recent football, so no sympathy for him missing the final. Wouldn't wish hurt or injury on anyone, but if there was one player in this game I had to pick to have an injury and I couldn't say no one, then I'd pick Ronaldo without hesitation.

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Sorry, don't get that.

I've never forgiven him for that game as I lost my £240 on the hotel room I booked had England won the match. 

4 minutes ago, redfred said:

You're absolutely right. It was in fact Ronaldo surrounding the referee, pointing out the crime, getting Rooney sent off and then winking at him in a 'job done' fashion that I was confusing myself with.

Hey ho - can I just use one of the other hundreds of occasions that he's feigned injury as an example of why I am laughing at him, instead?

Each to their own. Enjoy your evening. :-) 

I've seen it with our own players at Bristol City. Maybe not as often maybe not as boisterous but I've seen it. Ronaldo hadn't done it tonight or really all tournament. He didn't deserve to go out like he has. I get some people won't see past the dives and such and that's fine but it's very much part of the game in any country nowadays even if there is less of it in England. 

Archived