IGNORED

Colin Murray

RumRed

43 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

And?

Just making the point that the readership of the Sun is a very small percentage of the UK.  Some politicians would do well to remember that as well, Murdoch loves to act as king maker but his influence is on the wane.

43 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

And?

I really like the Colin Murray show, so sorry to read that he's going, but you have to admire him for sticking to his principles.  Hope that him and Stan Collymore will reappear elsewhere. I hope they don't move the two Mikes to a daytime slot, as it's not my type of humour - to much arsing around, and not enough football discussion.

Seen every episode of Game of Thrones, there is one entitled "The Red Wedding" which is their equivalent of a City v Rovers match. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What's the population of the UK again? 65m was it?

There are 43m people aged 20-80 yrs....the age range who consume news online and in printed formats -  18% of those adults read the Sun in one form or another. As much as the publication is hated, and as I said, I'm not a fan of it, it is still a major media outlet in this country. And I haven't included the separate readership figures for The Scottish Sun...

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just making the point that the readership of the Sun is a very small percentage of the UK.  Some politicians would do well to remember that as well, Murdoch loves to act as king maker but his influence is on the wane.

Influence on the wane!!! 

News Corp own The Times, The Sun, The Press Association, The New York Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Dow Jones Index, Sky TV.

By the way, News Corp are only one of Murdoch’s holding companies - the other is 21st Century Fox. The scope and influence of Murdoch is unimaginable

11 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Influence on the wane!!! 

News Corp own The Times, The Sun, The Press Association, The New York Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Dow Jones Index, Sky TV.

By the way, News Corp are only one of Murdoch’s holding companies - the other is 21st Century Fox. The scope and influence of Murdoch is unimaginable

Fair enough, but what is the future of printed media? I may be an exception in my generation (over 50's) but I haven't bought a newspaper in at least 20 years. More to the point, when was the last time you saw someone under 25 with a newspaper in their hand rather than some electronic device? Yes Sky, yes Fox news but as long as there are other new outlets appearing all the time, we see peoples tastes change and they move on to the next big thing. It will be the next gen of Murdoch's clan to try and live with that.

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The Sun is by far and away the most read newspaper in this country. Followed by the Daily Mail. Put the circulation of those two newspapers together and it dwarfs the readership of all other newspapers in this country put together.

38 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fair enough, but what is the future of printed media? I may be an exception in my generation (over 50's) but I haven't bought a newspaper in at least 20 years. More to the point, when was the last time you saw someone under 25 with a newspaper in their hand rather than some electronic device? Yes Sky, yes Fox news but as long as there are other new outlets appearing all the time, we see peoples tastes change and they move on to the next big thing. It will be the next gen of Murdoch's clan to try and live with that.

Although physical numbers are dwindling publishing is increasing due to online activity. 17 million people look at the Guardian on the day of Brexit, journalism isn't dead it's just online now.

I quite like The Sun, and my regular paper used to be The Times which is another Murdoch paper.  I have never however had a Sky subscription and wouldn't in principle because their money has ruined English football.

I've not listened to Talksport so don't know this Colin Murray and have no opinion on him, good or bad.

Archived