IGNORED

The Bookies not over impressed

kevthered

Thought with our new signings the odds would have shortened....... Kodja's odds of being top scorer is 25/1 and were tipped for 14th spot, I know that is better than last season,,,, Personally I'm tipping us for 10th spot ,,,,,,What do other fans think where we will finish assuming no major injuries to our top players ?   

9 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Thought with our new signings the odds would have shortened....... Kodja's odds of being top scorer is 25/1 and were tipped for 14th spot, I know that is better than last season,,,, Personally I'm tipping us for 10th spot ,,,,,,What do other fans think where we will finish assuming no major injuries to our top players ?   

I predicted 14th on another thread...we've made a few decent signings but this is the championship - an incredibly tough division. I'd be happy with 14th...

Not having seen City play yet this season I have no idea where we'll finish.

We have several new signings and by the Wigan comes around probably a couple more so with that in mind making speculative predictions is not for me.

I hope that we'll be pushing at the right of the table but as yet............

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not having seen City play yet this season I have no idea where we'll finish.

We have several new signings and by the Wigan comes around probably a couple more so with that in mind making speculative predictions is not for me.

I hope that we'll be pushing at the right of the table but as yet............

Why comment on the mans prediction question then  Rubberhead? 

Just ignore it and move on!

Btw I have it on good authority that we will finish 5th!

There was a piece on the guardian website today on who'd done the best business in the window so far in the championship. Admittedly pre O'Dowda but post Magnusdon and Tomlin, so £5m (prob) spent together with O'Neill and zip mention of us. Says to me we're under radar in national terms, notwithstanding the good feeling from the signings (also see main BBC football page on mobile app - no mention of Magnusson or O'Dowda on day of signing but Bradshaw on today which is arguably smaller). 

Its wholly possible the bookies haven't as yet taken notice when seeing what our national profile is. Or they could just be nonplussed - eithers fine with me, and I suspect with LJ...

50 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Think he's still at Fulham, but as he's approaching his thirties, I'm sure his goal rate will start to diminish.

I'm not. He's a class above most in this league. Doesn't rely on any kind of quickness or pace. He will probably be up towards the top again

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm not. He's a class above most in this league. Doesn't rely on any kind of quickness or pace. He will probably be up towards the top again

No doubt you're right, he'll still be up there in the charts, but hopefully some way below JK.  And not a critique against you, but I don't buy that belief about some players not requiring speed.  All professional players in the top tiers have to use speed and pace, unless they have world-class technique and incredible levels of skill, which you wouldn't find loitering in the Championship.

Typically, we go through a manager a season. Cotterill was the exception to this, so the pessimist in me sees us finishing 16th, with LJ getting sacked and another manager being brought in.

If we add more signings, then I could see us maybe getting to 12-14th. The league is much harder this year, and I think our squad has only improved marginally over the end of last season.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

No doubt you're right, he'll still be up there in the charts, but hopefully some way below JK.  And not a critique against you, but I don't buy that belief about some players not requiring speed.  All professional players in the top tiers have to use speed and pace, unless they have world-class technique and incredible levels of skill, which you wouldn't find loitering in the Championship.

He has probably the highest levels of skill and technique in the division though and while it's better to have young legs, it's not really been a huge part of his game. Deadly finisher with a few tricks up his sleeve. Fulham still have a half decent squad just need to defend better. I imagine even if he stays at Fulham he'll be up around 20-25 again. 

13 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Does Kodjia have any serious rivals this season for top scorer?

With the absence of Rhodes and Gray, he's got to be worth twenty quid at that price.

Kodjia will be off for about a month with the Ivory Coast for the Af.CON, so I'd say those odds are fair. 

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

...I don't buy that belief about some players not requiring speed. All professional players in the top tiers have to use speed and pace, unless they have world-class technique and incredible levels of skill, which you wouldn't find loitering in the Championship.

Lee Tomlin? Not particularly quick?

Archived