IGNORED

Great time to be a city fan...

shamussy

So next season will be watching a team that has been heavily invested in containing players who can genuinely entertain and excite. Add to that a bright young manager who has thus far shown a bit of class too. All this in a new seat in a new stand. 25 years of watching city and feeling very proud to be a city fan. Great times. COYR

Ultimately it's all down to Steve Lansdown but why it took him so long to employ senior people with knowledge/experience of the football business  to run the FC will always remain a mystery to me.

And.....yeah, compared to last summer transfer fiasco this summer has been far better and that's been positive but ultimately good results on the pitch is what will make us really happy.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ultimately it's all down to Steve Lansdown but why it took him so long to employ senior people with knowledge/experience of the football business  to run the FC will always remain a mystery to me.

And.....yeah, compared to last summer transfer fiasco this summer has been far better and that's been positive but ultimately good results on the pitch is what will make us really happy.

I suspect the reason was he wanted to tread water until we have the facilities in place/waiting for the correct people to become available

Still believe we achieved promotion one season before owner and manager expected.  We were unprepared for last season in every way.  Add to that a petulant manager and there you have the root of our troubles.

But now let's look forward with well based optimism for a solid mid table finish before pushing on again

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good point Monkeh. Not something I'd considered.

You hadn't considered that the reason he hadn't employed the "right" people was because they hadn't been available..?

Did you think he was just doing it for a laugh and to deliberately fritter away £50 odd million of his own wealth..? 

I don't buy any of the "he was waiting for the stadium to be ready first" idea, but of course it is much more of an attraction to the right people when there is a tangible content to the club's vision and ambition. It no coincidence that things appear to be coming together at the same time. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, shamussy said:

So next season will be watching a team that has been heavily invested in containing players who can genuinely entertain and excite. Add to that a bright young manager who has thus far shown a bit of class too. All this in a new seat in a new stand. 25 years of watching city and feeling very proud to be a city fan. Great times. COYR

Without wanting to put a dampner on anything - lets wait and see what this team delivers, yes we all hope that the new signings improve the squad

But we need to ensure that we are moving onwards and upwards all the time and also getting better squads than those around us

As for the answer, the rollercoaster of supporting Bristol City is always a great time, be it following the side or attending games home and away with your mates

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You hadn't considered that the reason he hadn't employed the "right" people was because they hadn't been available..?

Did you think he was just doing it for a laugh and to deliberately fritter away £50 odd million of his own wealth..? 

I don't buy any of the "he was waiting for the stadium to be ready first" idea, but of course it is much more of an attraction to the right people when there is a tangible content to the club's vision and ambition. It no coincidence that things appear to be coming together at the same time. 

I think its more to do with the facilities part in Robbo's defense

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

MA was previously at AG a while ago in some kind of temporary role so obviously impressed SL.

Clearly SL doesn't want to waste his money but he did employ senior staff that ultimately weren't upto the job and decided to wait for MA to become available.  :dunno:

The best time to be a City fan was the Edwardian era, so I am looking forward to the end of the current monarch (apologies, Brend) and the reign of Chaz the (?) when I believe we will once more return to the top division and make a decent fist of improving on our best efforts in both league and cup (imagine that?!), unlike our last go in the 70s. Still, 13th in English football, 1979, I'd take that for now....

Archived