IGNORED

Portsmouth tickets on sale Monday 18th. West stand NOT open!

RedM

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Just the one ticket?

Don't know what you mean, at least it shows someone reads my posts :thumbsup:

Might as well be the one ticket, not going to be a big draw now the West Stand won't be ready. Or will it? Surely it has to be tested to get the safety certificate for the opening match? Either that or they might have to arrange a hasty u19 match and give free admission like they did for the South stand last season. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Don't know what you mean, at least it shows someone reads my posts :thumbsup:

Might as well be the one ticket, not going to be a big draw now the West Stand won't be ready. Or will it? Surely it has to be tested to get the safety certificate for the opening match? Either that or they might have to arrange a hasty u19 match and give free admission like they did for the South stand last season. 

If they stick to their plan, supposing there isn't a mental ticket rush, the top tier won't be open so the attendance will be effectively reduced and could count as a ramp up event. People on here have more knowledge o the rules and regs and may confirm my theory.

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

If they stick to their plan, supposing there isn't a mental ticket rush, the top tier won't be open so the attendance will be effectively reduced and could count as a ramp up event. People on here have more knowledge o the rules and regs and may confirm my theory.

Quite plausible that the Wigan game could be termed a ramp up event - with the Newcastle game being the test event for the upper tier.....

1 hour ago, Strawberry2157. said:

If it happens to be ready as the concourse goes all the way around people can just sit where they like... takes away the pressure if it's not ready. Better than selling tickets and disappointing people.

The only problem if it`s not ready (or the safety certificate hasn`t been issued) is what to do with the ST holders in there for Wigan? I don`t know if the game can be postponed/reversed at this late stage but City will have to decide pretty soon I should think. Someone said we wouldn`t be able to reverse it due to the sags playing some rubbish at home on the same day but I suppose it could be played on the reverse fixture weekend, just not on the Saturday. I can`t imagine us or Wigan not wanting to play on the opening weekend so something will have to give.

• Admin

What we do know if they want that stand open for the Wigan fixture they need a safety certificate, and to get that we need an event of some kind held. If its not Portsmouth then when will it be? 

The shame last season we had to operate with a lower capacity, that's not what we need with Newcastle and villa in town at the start of the season 

If we've sold 13,500 st with 2700 Wigan fans allowed. That is basically the capacity not including hospitality. 

The stand needs to open or we could well end up with a couple of thousand unhappy fans.

Be good if the club came out and said if it will be ready, for I've no season ticket but live in Manchester. If I catch the train will buy in advance but can't risk it and I'm sure quite a few are in same situation.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Just rang up for tickets for the Pompey game to be told that work is contiuning in the West stand and only the Dolman and South Stand will be open for this match

Does the ticket office really open at 7am?

Have I missed a big announcement or have Bristol Sport decided to man the phones at all hours now.

On 7/16/2016 at 13:09, phantom said:

What we do know if they want that stand open for the Wigan fixture they need a safety certificate, and to get that we need an event of some kind held. If its not Portsmouth then when will it be? 

The shame last season we had to operate with a lower capacity, that's not what we need with Newcastle and villa in town at the start of the season 

we didn't have a home friendly last season and it didn't stop the south stand or refurbished dolman from opening,

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

we didn't have a home friendly last season and it didn't stop the south stand or refurbished dolman from opening,

It was used (had to be used to gain the safety certificate) for an under 21 game before the season started.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

It was used (had to be used to gain the safety certificate) for an under 21 game before the season started.

Exactly this - no doubt a hastily arranged U21 fixture to be announced soon?

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

under 21's are playing 

Tue Aug 02 - Armed Forces FA (H) 2pm 
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/academy-under-21-406700.aspx#jcL5zIc5v7MojqYO.99

There's the test event

From the same page... "All home matches to be played at the club's Failand training complex (BS8 3TN) unless stated."

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

From the same page... "All home matches to be played at the club's Failand training complex (BS8 3TN) unless stated."

that doesn't mean it won't get switched late notice in order to get a safety cert ready for opening day

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Does that mean the home game vs Wigan will be played at Failand? :whistle:

Archived