IGNORED

Riding on the pavement!

Slippin cider

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and you have number plates so you can be identified if you break the law whilst using the roads...

Indeed I do.

Only today in London I was crossing the road (at a pedestrian crossing) with several others when a cyclist rode through us all yelling "Wakey, Wakey". I might add that the pedestrian light was green and he rode through a red light.  I'll give him feckin wakey, wakey !!

Then later on the bus another cyclist rode out from a left hand turn right across the buses path. As expected the driver took appropriate action but regrettably failed to hit him.

18 hours ago, BigTone said:

Indeed I do.

Only today in London I was crossing the road (at a pedestrian crossing) with several others when a cyclist rode through us all yelling "Wakey, Wakey". I might add that the pedestrian light was green and he rode through a red light.  I'll give him feckin wakey, wakey !!

Then later on the bus another cyclist rode out from a left hand turn right across the buses path. As expected the driver took appropriate action but regrettably failed to hit him.

At which point he would have got clotheslined and then when laying on the floor I would have yelled "wakey wakey" in his face.

As I said earlier on, I don't have a problem with cyclists in general, but it's the ones that think they have some God given right to be on the road disregarding every light/sign and every other road user around them. Tossers.

Was knocked off my rather expensive bike by a near murderous Fanny driving a high-powered mutant vehicle of some kind which should never be considered road worthy, as it was too powerful for roads beyond brands hatch. Fanny couldn't control it. A fact demonstrated by her tackle from behind in broad daylight on my Diamondback.

I survived. The Diamondback was bent into a letter C. C's also describes drivers like Fanny. Fannies and C's are everywhere.

Fought in the ring but the likes of irresponsible Fanny in her death machine worried me more than combat.

Cycle anywhere where its safe.

Anywhere.

Fanny is still out there.

• Admin

I commute up from Weston to Temple Meads by train then catch the bus on from down the bottom

You wouldn't believe the number of cyclists on the pavement that go into town - must 4/5 a minute, dodging in and out of people

Since the road was closed to go to the Wood Yard, you even get cyclists on the road going toward the traffic (wrong way) as the inside lane is not used

23 hours ago, BigTone said:

Indeed I do.

So - basically, you let him get away with disrespecting you to that degree???

You are not a man.

Stand up for yourself, or you will become a cyclists plaything. He'll do the same to you today.

Fight back, you COWARD.

:bruce_h4h:

Uncle TFR

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I commute up from Weston to Temple Meads by train then catch the bus on from down the bottom

You wouldn't believe the number of cyclists on the pavement that go into town - must 4/5 a minute, dodging in and out of people

Since the road was closed to go to the Wood Yard, you even get cyclists on the road going toward the traffic (wrong way) as the inside lane is not used

So where is our Police and Crime Commissioner?

The people need to take back control, and this means ONE thing .........

We NEED Prime Minister Corbyn.

Yes.

:yes:

Uncle TFR

4 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

So - basically, you let him get away with disrespecting you to that degree???

You are not a man.

Stand up for yourself, or you will become a cyclists plaything. He'll do the same to you today.

Fight back, you COWARD.

:bruce_h4h:

Uncle TFR

I'm a tad slow on my feet these days Unk

18 hours ago, BigTone said:

I'm a tad slow on my feet these days Unk

You are fairly quick with a repost on OTIB, why so slow in London?

How about telling said cyclist "f****** you f*******  total ***t, come back and I will f*** you in the *******, ****ty"??

Just a suggestion.

Uncle TFR

5 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

You are fairly quick with a repost on OTIB, why so slow in London?

How about telling said cyclist "f****** you f*******  total ***t, come back and I will f*** you in the *******, ****ty"??

Just a suggestion.

Uncle TFR

I did call him a cad and a bounder in a robust manner

I particularly enjoy walking along the cycle path between Warmley and Bitton with my family and taking up the whole path thus enforcing the cyclists to slow down and wait to pass. 

Much like when I have to slow to pass amateur cyclists who have watched one hour of the Tour de France and suddenly think a layer of Lycra and a Raleigh Racer makes them believe they are part of the Peloton itself.

Get a grip and get off the pavements. 

As a Lycra clad fetishist I feel I need to contribute to this discussion in the interest of balance. 

I completely agree that unless there is a specific bike lane on a pavement a cyclist should be nowhere near it. And that there are a few cyclists who are selfish and will jump a red (I wish them the worst too) but these are definitely the minority so please don't tar us all with the same brush. Also when was the last time you saw one in Lycra on the pavement? It may be fun to poke fun of their attire (because secretly you're more than a little curious how it feels) but I'll wager it is never them that's on your pavements.

Finally they are doing their bit for the environment and having to breath in your fumes on their way to work. More bikes on the roads means less cars which means less cueing for you.

I think roads bring out the worst in people whether that's drivers or cyclists but let's all try and be a little tolerant.

2 hours ago, Just8 said:

As a Lycra clad fetishist I feel I need to contribute to this discussion in the interest of balance. 

I completely agree that unless there is a specific bike lane on a pavement a cyclist should be nowhere near it. And that there are a few cyclists who are selfish and will jump a red (I wish them the worst too) but these are definitely the minority so please don't tar us all with the same brush. Also when was the last time you saw one in Lycra on the pavement? It may be fun to poke fun of their attire (because secretly you're more than a little curious how it feels) but I'll wager it is never them that's on your pavements.

Finally they are doing their bit for the environment and having to breath in your fumes on their way to work. More bikes on the roads means less cars which means less cueing for you.

I think roads bring out the worst in people whether that's drivers or cyclists but let's all try and be a little tolerant.

What's your thoughts on cycling down the ring road? I saw another one yesterday.

....... and why does every cyclist have to look like a Tour De France veteran??

I get in my car, but I don't dress like Lewis Hamilton. Even the fat cyclists insist on looking like Lance Armstrong.

W T F ? ?

Uncle TFR

7 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

What's your thoughts on cycling down the ring road? I saw another one yesterday.

I certainly wouldn't want to try it.

2 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

....... and why does every cyclist have to look like a Tour De France veteran??

I get in my car, but I don't dress like Lewis Hamilton. Even the fat cyclists insist on looking like Lance Armstrong.

W T F ? ?

Uncle TFR

For most it's less about appearance and more about function. If you were to do a fifty mile ride in cargo pants or jeans your rear would be an absolute mess. The Lycra doesn't flap about in the wind and the pad insures you'll be able to have kids.

12 hours ago, Just8 said:

I too am a cyclist (both push and motor)  but they were digging up the road at the end of coronation road today and a lycra clad cyclist jumped the red and went down the pavement. Sorry for popping your argument. 

21 hours ago, Just8 said:

I certainly wouldn't want to try it.

For most it's less about appearance and more about function. If you were to do a fifty mile ride in cargo pants or jeans your rear would be an absolute mess. The Lycra doesn't flap about in the wind and the pad insures you'll be able to have kids.

That does not mean you have to look like a Tour De France ace, does it?

Normal colours, not race hero colours.

If you want to race, we need to close the roads. We can't close the roads, so don't cycle at all - if possible.

Uncle TFR

21 hours ago, Aizoon said:

It always amuses me to see a cyclist pottering around the Levels in a red polka dot King of the Mountains shirt.

**** me!!!!

TFR and Aizoon agree on something ...............

:noexp:

Uncle TFR

Another idiot today. Pootling along with a queue of traffic behind him of which I`m the first. The first opportunity to overtake him comes along and I indicate and pull out to do so when he lurches across in front of me as he wants to turn right. How I never hit him I shall never know but obviously it resulted in a load of abuse from the lycra clad fool. Thank goodness I have a dash cam as it would have obviously been my fault if there had been an accident as it`s never theirs is it?

20 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

"MODERATORS!!!!!!!"

This a clear breach of the OTIB protocol that we do not post images of Horace the hedgehog.

Do something, for christ sake??

Uncle TFR

It's true that owners look like their pets... I thought it was obvious what he'd look like :yes:

Archived