IGNORED

Riding on the pavement!

Slippin cider

Having very nearly been run into by a cyclist whilst using a pedestrian crossing yesterday it's becoming more of a hazard to walk on the pavement than it would be to walk in the road! The guy was coming at me across the crossing which was busy with pedestrians and had to stop sharply to avoid running into me! ...the amount of people riding on pavements in the city is unbelievable! ...no insurance needed so if you do happen to get run over or there's any damage caused you have little recompense ....PAVEMENTS ARE FOR WALKING ON ...STAY ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Having very nearly been run into by a cyclist whilst using a pedestrian crossing yesterday it's becoming more of a hazard to walk on the pavement than it would be to walk in the road! The guy was coming at me across the crossing which was busy with pedestrians and had to stop sharply to avoid running into me! ...the amount of people riding on pavements in the city is unbelievable! ...no insurance needed so if you do happen to get run over or there's any damage caused you have little recompense ....PAVEMENTS ARE FOR WALKING ON ...STAY ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!

....STAY ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!

...AND OBEY THE ROAD SIGNS AND TRAFFIC LIGHTS!!!!

...THEY APPLY TO CYCLISTS AS WELL!!!!

29 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The only cyclists who should be allowed to cycle on the pavement are kids. 

The only cyclists who should be allowed on the pavements are cyclists who have left their bike at home.

Stay on the road by all means, but as said above obey the signs lights and other traffic as well.

Also if you're riding with a mate, don't go side by side taking up the whole of a lane. You're riding a bike, not a bus. Should also be made compulsory to have insurance of some sort.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The only cyclists who should be allowed to cycle on the pavement are kids. 

Not a comment I agree with. Cyclists regardless of age riding on the pavement should be sent to jail for life.  They're downright dangerous........

I witnessed two teenage lads riding their bikes across Somerset Square in Nailsea only last Saturday.. It's a busy shopping day ffs! 

On a slightly different note we have now entered the season of cyclists down here on holiday riding around the main but normally single carriageway roads creating queues of 20-30 vehicles behind them. Particularly fun when they go up long hills at walking pace and no-one can get past for due to bends in the roads.

We`re at work FFS, you`re on your holidays. Pull in and let people past!!!!!

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Ban cyclists.

It will bring an end to all problems.  No more traffic jams or accidents.  Because no one on here ever goes over the speed limit or uses their phone whilst driving.

And I don't drive on pavements either because I drive on roads.  Oh, and I pay tax and insurance for the privilege.

8 hours ago, Moloch said:

I think you all should go and ride a bike around town. A lot of Bristol's cycle paths are shared use pavements - the whole of the centre, for example.

Yes but do they stick to the cycle parts? No they don't ! ...they're coming at you from all angles it's bloody dangerous I tell thee! It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt or worse.

9 hours ago, Moloch said:

I think you all should go and ride a bike around town. A lot of Bristol's cycle paths are shared use pavements - the whole of the centre, for example.

I think the main gripe is that many cyclists will ignore signs, lights, and will even go from road to path in an instant just to avoid stopping at a light.

There was a programme on itv a while ago,  where a cyclist went through a red light and met a bus coming out of a side road (i think). What he didn't realise at the time was that his brakes didn't work, and he hit the bus. Very lucky that no major damage was done, but if he had obeyed the lights he wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.

I have nothing against cyclists at all, but but I personally see a lot of reckless ones.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not a comment I agree with. Cyclists regardless of age riding on the pavement should be sent to jail for life.  They're downright dangerous........

I witnessed two teenage lads riding their bikes across Somerset Square in Nailsea only last Saturday.. It's a busy shopping day ffs! 

My 5 year old rides on the path and she will until I think she's safe enough to ride on the road 

25 minutes ago, Rob k said:

My 5 year old rides on the path and she will until I think she's safe enough to ride on the road 

There's no problem with supervised young children riding their bikes on the pavements. It's older kids that can cause the problems.

41 minutes ago, Taz said:

I think the main gripe is that many cyclists will ignore signs, lights, and will even go from road to path in an instant just to avoid stopping at a light.

There was a programme on itv a while ago,  where a cyclist went through a red light and met a bus coming out of a side road (i think). What he didn't realise at the time was that his brakes didn't work, and he hit the bus. Very lucky that no major damage was done, but if he had obeyed the lights he wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.

I have nothing against cyclists at all, but but I personally see a lot of reckless ones.

I sincerely hope the bus was Ok

Or ............

We can let the cyclists have the pavements (as roads are 'dangerous'), and build second pavements - next to the existing pavements - but these would be strictly for pedestrians.

....... until the little children get scared by the fast adults cycling on the existing pavements, and their smothering parents let them ride on the new pavements.

Then we would be even more pavements.

The only problem with this policy is that it conflicts with tarmacking over the entire country to build millions of houses for immigrants to live in.

Decisions, decisions??

:unsure:

Uncle TFR

Archived