IGNORED

The Official site

Evocare

Hi guys,

What has happened to the main website - bcfc.co.uk?  The font is just about unreadable and looking for more than 3 seconds makes me feel sick, what the hell is with the background? Its utterly torturous on the eyes.

Sorry, its an absolute car crash, the content may be there, but the background and font surely has to be a wind up, not fitting for a club of City's stature,  just how did it become acceptable to have such a low quality website with that ghastly red/white contrast, its vile.

I remember when it was the best in the UK, for years and years and then about 4 yrs ago this happened, ive come back and its still the same - an abomination.

Sorry if its your design, but if it is, get your act together you're an embarrassment. 

Part of a bigger contract which runs out this year/season I think I read on here somewhere. Same throughout the football league?

Basically from my understanding of it, the club don't control as much of the content/design as they used to. I'm sure if that's wrong someone will correct me.

can't blame the club for this, its part of a contract from the football league imposed on all football league clubs, there is one more year of this shit then it will be gone and I suspect the OS will become part of the bristol sport site

• Admin
2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

can't blame the club for this, its part of a contract from the football league imposed on all football league clubs, there is one more year of this shit then it will be gone and I suspect the OS will become part of the bristol sport site

Imagine the top of the new site will be the same as this http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/

Just nit picking, but two things that our club do control, that I believe should be corrected

On the main page there is always a lead story and then other smaller boxes with other stories - to me the latest story should always be the main box - often an update gets's put on the smaller tabs and gets missed

The other and it is on the site right now, why when we have a link to match phtos etc does it make us go to a facebook page to view them?

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Imagine the top of the new site will be the same as this http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/

Just nit picking, but two things that our club do control, that I believe should be corrected

On the main page there is always a lead story and then other smaller boxes with other stories - to me the latest story should always be the main box - often an update gets's put on the smaller tabs and gets missed

The other and it is on the site right now, why when we have a link to match phtos etc does it make us go to a facebook page to view them?

I can see the same, but at least with that we can give feed back and do something about it, the current site we can't :( 

A bug bear I have, on a bit of a tangent, is the upload time difference between Player and YouTube.

Last night's interviews from Bath have only just been put on Player. Last night they were uploaded to YouTube shortly after the game. 

It's annoying as the YouTube interviews are only snippets and cut out shortly before LJ gave info on Garita.

I feel Player content should take priority and be uploaded first as it's paid for.

Hopefully in a few years all content will be free and go on YouTube in full, rendering Player redundant. In the meantime though, I feel Player content should take priority. It's taken 12 hours to upload a few short interviews.

image.png

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A bug bear I have, on a bit of a tangent, is the upload time difference between Player and YouTube.

Last night's interviews from Bath have only just been put on Player. Last night they were uploaded to YouTube shortly after the game. 

It's annoying as the YouTube interviews are only snippets and cut out shortly before LJ gave info on Garita.

I feel Player content should take priority and be uploaded first as it's paid for.

Hopefully in a few years all content will be free and go on YouTube in full, rendering player redundant. In the meantime though, I feel Player content should take priority. It's taken 12 hours to upload a few short interviews.

image.png

to be honest I don't see the point in player much after the deal with the FL runs out, I normally look at the you tube stuff, I'd hazard a guess that player will go when we get control of the website again

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

to be honest I don't see the point in player much after the deal with the FL runs out, I normally look at the you tube stuff, I'd hazard a guess that player will go when we get control of the website again

Well the point of it is that right now the content is longer and more detailed on Player and uninterrupted match commentary goes there. YouTube, at the moment, is just snippets. I hope it is phased out too, the site and app are so clunky and unreliable.

• Admin
4 hours ago, phantom said:

And there we have it - the latest bit of news, and probably the most important for many on that page, and it's hidden away !

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Well I see the point in player. Its the only way I get to listen to the games!!!!

44 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well I see the point in player. Its the only way I get to listen to the games!!!!

as philias points out phasing it out is a better option and start doing our own thing, we were always light years ahead of most other clubs when it came to the online thing before this football league contract,

The club asked for feedback a while ago - I posted a thread about it. Whether at the end of next season do they go it alone or see what the next FL deal comes up. However it's possible all clubs will walk away and go solo. If City do go solo then you'd expect it to go into the current network of BS Sites :) 

EFL Digital (the new name for FLi) announced recently they'd appointed a couple of new companies to deliver new websites for the clubs in the network from July 2017.

http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-digital-new-long-term-partnerships-announced-3193708.aspx

The last deal with Sapient Nitro had a lot of exciting promises when it was announced but it delivered a steaming turd so will be interesting to see what's delivered to clubs regardless of whether City remain in the network or not.

Archived