IGNORED

Champ teams to struggle?

Londoner

Not sure why people are saying burton. I can quite easily see them competing at this level. Full of confidence/momentum etc. I think Rotherham and Birmingham will struggle. Rotherham for obvious reasons and rowett has got his excuses in early for not being able to sign who he wants... I'm hoping we hit the ground running and don't struggle but after 5/6 games we could be down there, depending on how the players fit in. 

5 hours ago, Loderingo said:

No-one's mentioned Brum yet.

Current relegation odds are as follows:

Burton 11/10

Rotherham 12/5

Barnsley 10/3

Blackburn 5/1

Preston, Brum 11/2

Wigan, Huddersfield, City - 8/1

Leeds, Reading - 9/1

Brentford, Forest, Ipswich - 10/1

Cardiff, Fulham, QPR - 12/1

Wolves - 16/1

Villa - 33/1

Wednesday - 35/1

Brighton, Derby - 50/1

Norwich - 70/1

Newcastle - 200/1

I suspect there will be at least one surprise relegation team from the teams in the middle of the pack.  Brentford and Reading are 2 teams that had poor second halfs of last season

I can see Fulham`s odds coming down if McCormick leaves and they don`t re-invest the cash. I find it a bit surprising that they`re a better bet than us to stay up TBH.

6 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Not sure why people are saying burton. I can quite easily see them competing at this level. Full of confidence/momentum etc. I think Rotherham and Birmingham will struggle. Rotherham for obvious reasons and rowett has got his excuses in early for not being able to sign who he wants... I'm hoping we hit the ground running and don't struggle but after 5/6 games we could be down there, depending on how the players fit in. 

Are they though? They didn't do as nearly as well after Jimmy Floyd left for QPR and they were 10th in the Form Table (10 games) at the end of last season

I think you need to consider Wolves now.

Regardless of the massive influx of cash, they've just appointed Walter Zenga (who'll know little about the league) and are likely to fill the team with foreign talent (who won't like the physical nature of the champ).

Could end badly. 

There is so much money in the Championship now, it has almost become the Premiership 2 (In terms of the money compared to League 1 & 2). It's easier to count the teams who haven't got owners with the potential for major investment than the ones who have.

Going to be a really tough season I think - We have strengthened and recruited really well but I suspect a lot of clubs will feel the same. 

Can't wait for next Saturday!!

Not strictly struggling, but obliquely related;

I was in Geordieland on Saturday and chatted to some NUFC fans. I said fans from many clubs reckon they'll go straight back up.

Their replies were along the lines of "We need to make two more signings to be truly strong" and "This season will be a struggle and we will not walk it".

Archived