IGNORED

Lansdown on City

XtraTime

22 hours ago, downendcity said:

You are so right 1960.

With all the mistakes and disappointments he ( and we) have suffered and the criticism he has endured from fans over the last few years in particular, the easiest thing in the world would have been for Steve to have said " Sod it. Why do I need all this aggravation" and then sell up and enjoy a comfortable and stress free retirement in Guernsey.

I think it says a lot about the man that he refuses to be beaten or give up - the phoenix of the new Ashton Gate has risen from the apparent failure of Ashton Vale, and how good a consolation prize is that? Even though he has plenty of money that he can afford to "lose", he seems determined to make things work by the club becoming financially self supporting and doing things the right way and has obviously learned from previous mistakes but getting us into the best shape the club has been for years.

Ultimately the main thing to me is that he wants to give all of us a club to be proud of and a legacy for the long term. 

Young Jon has very big shoes to fill  and a lot to live up to when he eventually takes over from Dad.

Ashton Gate rising from the ashes....maybe rename it "The Phoenix Club"......I know,I'll get me coat..if only I'd met the right woman..

20 hours ago, Xiled said:

If I had the money that Steve Lansdown has spent on Bristol City, I would have made much bigger mistakes.

So would I, because Mrs Downend would have spent it first!

Archived