IGNORED

Maclean

B-Rizzle

He sounds like a great player but do we actually need another goalscorer?

Surely its a target man we're after now because peacocks going.

Does anyone know if Maclean is tall and could act as a target man for us because if he is then that would be a great signing.

But after all I don't think we'll be able to compete with Hull and Sheff weds on the wages side of the deal so I don't think we'll actually get him.

Thats why he is perfect foil for Heff becasue he is bigish 6ft+, basically a target man who can score.
Quality we must sign him!

I thought that peacocks 16 last season was good for atarget man and all we lacked was a goalscorer like heffernan!

Wednesday seem keen on Taylor and so might decide not to go after McClean which would leave only Hull in the chase along with City.

Obviously Bristol is a far nicer place to live that grotty Hull with its fishy smell and cold north easterly winds.

Much will depend on wages and whether City can match whatever Hull might offer and that depends on Steve Landsdown.

The bottom line is yes, City do need another goalscorer.The ones we have all failed last season to reach a respectable goal tally.Some would say that was down to Wilsons rigidity and persistance with "2 in 24" Peacock that stifled their opportunities but Miller had a fair chance yet only got 8 goals.

Heffernan got 20+ in a relegated side, 'nuff said.

I think all this talk about what we can offer him in comparison to other clubs is a non starter because I think the board will back Tinnion if he really wants to sign someone and because MacLean is young I doubt he is on a fortune.

I don't think Hull or Wednesday are as interesed as us. Hull have signed Facey who is a targetman plus the fact they have Allsopp and Burgess (injured) who are all quite similair. As for Wednesday I think they will sign Taylor.

You notice no other clubs have confirmed bids being accepted apart from us. I don't think the competition is there like we are being led to believe.

ohh plus Tinman seems quite confident.

Archived