IGNORED

Portsmouth Friendly - Match-thread

Kingswoodactor

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Magnusson looks good. O' Dowda... hmm... unsure. All else looks much as it did last season. 

Was just thinking - You Don't get much for a million or two !!! :blink:

Reminds me I'm remembering when a million would get you the best in the country I guess n showing my age !

As others have said Magners looks composed and slowly easing into game. O'Dowda playing it cautiously so far but you can see he looks a decent player, still learning how to play with Matthews. Interesting to see Reid playing deeper with Pack and we seem to be missing Smith/Bryan energy in middle of park. Although Bryan playing well wide, I would swap him an Reid around 

6 minutes ago, shamussy said:

This game has a total pre season feel about it. Magnusson shown decent pace and composure. O'dowda made some bright runs but without end product so far. Not very fluent. O'Neil looks fine to me in the posh bit...

Pompey decent about six/seven shots , but we are not great , kodja has hardly had a touch , even Flint does not look that interested , can see what O'neill will bring , soft  centre out there , hope the injury not too bad .

Maybe he doesn't want them to over do it and pick up injuries. Also maybe trying to get them used to certain situations to learn how to deal with it. 

Example being inviting pressure. We will be under pressure more times than not this season due to the teams in the league so we need to know how to deal with it and not concede at the very least

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yup remember when orient best newcatle 7-1 pre season. Newcastle walked the championship with 102 points.

Yeah I always remember that one when it comes to pre season. You literally cannot judge it, some take it more serious than others

Archived