IGNORED

Portsmouth Friendly - Match-thread

Kingswoodactor

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

Indeed playing Devils advocate mate....it was very noticeable yesterday, more so than in previous league games. Others around me were even mentioning it...obviously some who were there didn't watch close enough ;-) It happened, I watched it and heard it, was sat right up against pitch. It was that noticeable I watched Tomlin and followed him a lot more rather than the ball.

His biggest frustration seemed to be the gap between our midfield and him and Kodge...we were sat far too deep. Now whether that was down to the players or LJ's instruction, who knows...but he was going mental at Bobby at one point.

Lets not turn this into a 'Billy big bollox' scenario...you know how people cotton onto something, and then all hell breaks out because it gets taken out of context ;-)

I'm sure it will be fine...

Spud - you are spot on and fair about Tomlin yesterday - he was going mad and caught my attention off the ball for a few mins as he castigated a few around him - think it started initially as he was trying to press (to be fair to him) and few if any around him were bothering to follow his press

Was certainly frustrated !!!

Thought he looked a class above anyone else on the pitch TBF , until he tired / lost a bit of interest

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Spud - you are spot on and fair about Tomlin yesterday - he was going mad and caught my attention off the ball for a few mins as he castigated a few around him - think it started initially as he was trying to press (to be fair to him) and few if any around him were bothering to follow his press

Was certainly frustrated !!!

Thought he looked a class above anyone else on the pitch TBF , until he tired / lost a bit of interest

That's exactly how I saw it fella... indeed talented. Amazed at how much space Pompey gave him at times. Class earns you that space I guess.

@BobBobSuperBob and @spudski

wasnt there but couldn't agree more.  Last season people were saying how he was having a go at people like Freeman but how constructive it was...to the extent that when they walked off at halftime he ran over to LF and they had a good natured tactical chat that LF looked like he really appreciated.  We need our players to learn from him.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@BobBobSuperBob and @spudski

wasnt there but couldn't agree more.  Last season people were saying how he was having a go at people like Freeman but how constructive it was...to the extent that when they walked off at halftime he ran over to LF and they had a good natured tactical chat that LF looked like he really appreciated.  We need our players to learn from him.

He has earned the right to cajole his team mates , unlike the superstar Kilkenny , where is he now ? ( rhetorical question ) .

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Pompey, but I thought number 10 Lalkovic? was very good and the left back Enda Stevens looked far better than league 2 standard. The only thing I would worry about from their perspective is that for a league 2 team they seemed to have a lot of very small players, one of their multiple substitutions seemed to include a couple of munchkins that had wandered onto the touchline. I would have thought they may get out muscled in some of their games.

Archived