IGNORED

West Stand capacity -Villa and Newcastle

Marlborough Red

Really concerned that the capacity for the West Stand for our potentially 2 biggest Home games of the season will be seriously reduced. Looking at the Club video, there is loads of work to be completed on the Upper and Lower West stand and our safety certificate for the lower section won't be considered until Wednesday. Last year the South Stand took several weeks to be fully open and potentially we may not see the Upper Tier open at all until the Newcastle game. as there is no plan for any capacity for the Wigan game. Villa game therefore the first trial for the Upper level at a much reduced capacity to meet the safety regulations.Hopefully I'm wrong but we could lose out big time on an extra 8,000 fans who may have wanted to POTD for these 2 special games. Compensation for loss of revenue from the contractors?

How did they know we'd have NUFC and Villa as early matches?  Everyone wants to blame the builders if the jobs running a bit over time. They might have had all sorts of problems with labour, weather, lack of materials, or, faulty materials. Not to mention that there could have been extras asked for by the customer. It's always the builders fault, you never get to hear their side of the story. Next off, people will be moaning about the extra charges for ticket purchasing, or queues at half time, or where we're going to seat the away supporters. When are the screens going in? It's all LJ's fault.

Another stupid panic thread!! 

Short term pain for long term gain!! 

We are going to have this new west stand for next 30,40,50 years. If it's two weeks late so be it. Not ideal but that's life, this is a £45 million renovation there not building a new extension on the side of your house!! A few weeks late ain't the end of the world. 

Why are people trying to predict the capacity for the games when we all know that Wednesday there is a safety inspection which will tell the club the answers we all wondering! 

Be interesting to see if these people in a panic for there Newcastle and villa tickets will be coming to burton and Barnsley at home too!!

Nobody knew the Villa and Newcastle games would be so early in the season -----but everybody knew the start date for the 2016 /17 season . Building work has been going on now for well over a year -why has the work not been finished  with less than a week to go to the start of the season ?

I  had a  large extension to my home ,75 K and created my own contract with the builders which had a completion date with a bonus for early completion and a penalty for late completion. Needless to say it was completed ahead of time. Surely  not beyond Bristol Sport to set up such a contract. Having the safety inspection 3 days before the first home game could not have been in the plan with major disruption to fans if heaven forbid the inspection fails to meet safety requirements. The contract could have stipulated completion well ahead of the first game , Indeed the friendly v Portsmouth could have been used to test out the facilities with perhaps fans admitted ONLY to the West stand for that exact purpose.

Really hope the inspection goes well and we can maximise revenue a and support  for these big games. Await the safety report on Wednesday with interest

3 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Nobody knew the Villa and Newcastle games would be so early in the season -----but everybody knew the start date for the 2016 /17 season . Building work has been going on now for well over a year -why has the work not been finished  with less than a week to go to the start of the season ?

I  had a  large extension to my home ,75 K and created my own contract with the builders which had a completion date with a bonus for early completion and a penalty for late completion. Needless to say it was completed ahead of time. Surely  not beyond Bristol Sport to set up such a contract. Having the safety inspection 3 days before the first home game could not have been in the plan with major disruption to fans if heaven forbid the inspection fails to meet safety requirements. The contract could have stipulated completion well ahead of the first game , Indeed the friendly v Portsmouth could have been used to test out the facilities with perhaps fans admitted ONLY to the West stand for that exact purpose.

Really hope the inspection goes well and we can maximise revenue a and support  for these big games. Await the safety report on Wednesday with interest

I'm sure bristol sport have set up penalty clauses in their contracts with contractors!! 

39 minutes ago, Scrumpy_247 said:

Does anyone know if any more Wigan tickets will be available? I take it the West Stand Lower has sold out?

The current safety cert would allow about 16k (I'm guessing a bit ) and we have sold tickets to that capacity. If all goes well with the SAG inspection more tickets will become available. How many I'm not sure , but I would imagine the simple way to look at it is to add the lower tier capacity onto last years. So there should be another 4-5k tickets available, which should be enough to keep everyone happy.

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

Didn't realise the club hadn't set up a contract with penalty clauses.

Shows what you can learn from OTIB!

:shifty:

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't realise the club hadn't set up a contract with penalty clauses.

Shows what you can learn from OTIB!

:shifty:

Penalty clauses?  I thought SL had just gone on checkatrade and got a 20% discount for cash?

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The current safety cert would allow about 16k (I'm guessing a bit ) and we have sold tickets to that capacity. If all goes well with the SAG inspection more tickets will become available. How many I'm not sure , but I would imagine the simple way to look at it is to add the lower tier capacity onto last years. So there should be another 4-5k tickets available, which should be enough to keep everyone happy.

Without meaning to come across as dismissive of your points, the tickets have already been sold for the new West stand.

The capacity of the current ground should be around 22k inc the new West stand. Take off 2,700 for away support, that leaves 19,300. They've sold approximately 5k ST in West stand, 5k in Dolman, 3k in SS and 1k in Atyeo. They are selling match day tickets, so if they don't open the West stand where will people go? Without the West stand opening, they've over sold tickets.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Without meaning to come across as dismissive of your points, the tickets have already been sold for the new West stand.

The capacity of the current ground should be around 22k inc the new West stand. Take off 2,700 for away support, that leaves 19,300. They've sold approximately 5k ST in West stand, 5k in Dolman, 3k in SS and 1k in Atyeo. They are selling match day tickets, so if they don't open the West stand where will people go? Without the West stand opening, they've over sold tickets.

Agree.  If WS doesn't open, all those ST holders in there can't be shoe-horned into the rest of the ground.

11 hours ago, Rich said:

On the OS , as I quoted earlier:

"we have now reached capacity for our current safety certificate. "

"  If the SAG is satisfied with the handover of the West Stand, on Wednesday, we will be able to release further tickets for the opening game of the season under general sale  "

Nothing was said about the stand not being opened , but they have to wait for SAG to sign off on the increased capacity before releasing the next batch of tickets to general sale.  Last year people were moaning about empty seats when the ground was sold out, I would think this was down to SAG and ramp up events and the same may apply with the new stand opening. There would have been no point in getting another safety Cert before the stand (lower tier at the least) was ready. As I said (and I am by no means expert in this) I would imagine the current Cert' is from last year which would have been about 16k with the 3 stands open then.If all goes well Wednesday  approx 6k more will be released. It would be nice is the whole stand was signed off and the Capacity was announced to be 27,000 , but I get the feeling it will be the same as last year with capacity creeping up rather than being opened in one go.

14 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

You should be in project management, you're obviously far more qualified than who we have running the stadium project. 

I'm sure they didn't for a moment consider wanting it ready for the first games of the season or think to put a penalty clause in the contract. 

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

"  If the SAG is satisfied with the handover of the West Stand, on Wednesday, we will be able to release further tickets for the opening game of the season under general sale  "

Nothing was said about the stand not being opened , but they have to wait for SAG to sign off on the increased capacity before releasing the next batch of tickets to general sale.  Last year people were moaning about empty seats when the ground was sold out, I would think this was down to SAG and ramp up events and the same may apply with the new stand opening. There would have been no point in getting another safety Cert before the stand (lower tier at the least) was ready. As I said (and I am by no means expert in this) I would imagine the current Cert' is from last year which would have been about 16k with the 3 stands open then.If all goes well Wednesday  approx 6k more will be released. It would be nice is the whole stand was signed off and the Capacity was announced to be 27,000 , but I get the feeling it will be the same as last year with capacity creeping up rather than being opened in one go.

it can't be from last year, SAG re-issue the cert on a yearly basis, which is why forest are in a spot of bother, we will have a safety cert from the lower half of the stand only, which means we've sold around 20k tickets for the game (ST included)

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it can't be from last year, SAG re-issue the cert on a yearly basis, which is why forest are in a spot of bother, we will have a safety cert from the lower half of the stand only, which means we've sold around 20k tickets for the game (ST included)

OK, that's why I said others would know more than me. My reasoning is the same, 3/4 of the ground has been ok'd so we wait on the check for the West stand, with luck the whole stand is passed, but even then would restrictions be in place? Would ramp up events have to take place before the 27k capacity be open for use?

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

OK, that's why I said others would know more than me. My reasoning is the same, 3/4 of the ground has been ok'd so we wait on the check for the West stand, with luck the whole stand is passed, but even then would restrictions be in place? Would ramp up events have to take place before the 27k capacity be open for use?

indeed, I personally think it will be open but with restrictions, the same as with the south stand last season, our opening game we had a reduced capacity of around 14.5k

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm trying to say that unless they have restricted away ticket sales to Wigan, then they've already over sold the tickets available for home supporters. Our capacity was restricted to 16k last season and we've sold over 13k STs plus hospitality boxes and POD sales, so the only place to house the excess would be in the away end. 

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You should be in project management, you're obviously far more qualified than who we have running the stadium project. 

I'm sure they didn't for a moment consider wanting it ready for the first games of the season or think to put a penalty clause in the contract. 

I guess the main contractor will be as disappointed as anyone that the build isn't completed, but I wonder if the the company completing the fit out are the ones at fault.

The fit out company may have been contracted separately by Bristol Sport, and there maybe issues there that aren't anything to do with the main contractor.

just disappointing that given the time scale and planning time available that the whole stand isn't available for the first game, not necessarily fully completed because there were always going to be unforeseen problems in the build, but if stories re the contracted electrical company are true that is very disappointing.

As to the supposed heavy penalty clauses, that is something I'd like to hear more about, because I would be surprised if any company would accept a penalty clause in the contract so severe  that it would mean they had 'bought' the work.

more likely the cost of the build has risen I would have thought.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm trying to say that unless they have restricted away ticket sales to Wigan, then they've already over sold the tickets available for home supporters. Our capacity was restricted to 16k last season and we've sold over 13k STs plus hospitality boxes and POD sales, so the only place to house the excess would be in the away end. 

Wigan have an "initial allocation" of 1200.

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't think tickets have reached General sale yet, the last lot were to Members as they extended the deadline. It's a shame it wasn't signed off earlier so they could have had a big push to move tickets, that said they must be fairly certain that they will get the Certificate signed off Wednesday so tickets will be on sale again. I can't see Wigan bringing many more than 1200, plus the segregation seats and the top tier probably not open , with luck the rest of the ground should be fully open and we could get near 18000.

22 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

I'm guessing you are comparing a £75k extension to a $40m stadium with tongue firmly set in your cheek

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm guessing you are comparing a £75k extension to a $40m stadium with tongue firmly set in your cheek

If I were to pay for a 'large extension' I'd probably ask for an 'early completion' penalty, bit pointless otherwise.

14 minutes ago, RumRed said:

If I were to pay for a 'large extension' I'd probably ask for an 'early completion' penalty, bit pointless otherwise.

So you would ask the Contractor to pay a penalty for completing the project early ?  That's a new one

Archived