IGNORED

A plea to all fans for the coming season...

EmersonsRed

A genuine plea to all City fans, young, old, male, female... IF this season doesn't start brightly, if we go through rough patches, if we play a couple of shit games on the bounce I beg of every single one of you to have no knee-jerk reactions, as cliche and overused as it is in football, there is no better club the saying "transition period" fits to than us right now, both on and off the pitch.

We have a young, bright and well-respected manager at the helm who is looking to bring the right type of exciting player to OUR football club, a manager who cares about OUR football club, players such as Flint, Korey Smith, Gary O'Neil etc who will bring either passion or experience to the table alongside one of the most technically gifted footballers in the football league, Lee Tomlin, a player who scored over 20 goals in his debut season in Kodjia and our very own Joe Bryan. 

We have a practically new stadium, new bar facilities, in fact I even received a message from a mate of mine this morning who is an Everton fan saying our new stadium looks "quality", we have employed brilliantly off the pitch in Mark Ashton and Mark Kelly.

I personally have been highly critical of our academy, I don't think up to this summer we've done it correctly at all from u8s to u21s. Finally, at long last I am seeing the right people come into the club at that level. 

We have something genuinely exciting going on at OUR football club, and as fans we can help - if you don't believe me, just remember Fulham away last season, the utter passion in the away end and the spur it gave the lads to get a result and the jubilant scenes at the end.

This isn't an overnight project, from what I can understand and from what I've been told our board will back Lee Johnson through pretty much anything and he is our man long term. We are in the hardest league in world football to get out of in the right direction to the Prem anyway it'll take time for everything to come together. But let's do our bit and enjoy this season, if you're not excited about what's going on at the only team in Bristol then you probably should take up a different sport.

Get behind the boys, COYR 

24 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

A genuine plea to all City fans, young, old, male, female... IF this season doesn't start brightly, if we go through rough patches, if we play a couple of shit games on the bounce I beg of every single one of you to have no knee-jerk reactions, as cliche and overused as it is in football, there is no better club the saying "transition period" fits to than us right now, both on and off the pitch.

We have a young, bright and well-respected manager at the helm who is looking to bring the right type of exciting player to OUR football club, a manager who cares about OUR football club, players such as Flint, Korey Smith, Gary O'Neil etc who will bring either passion or experience to the table alongside one of the most technically gifted footballers in the football league, Lee Tomlin, a player who scored over 20 goals in his debut season in Kodjia and our very own Joe Bryan. 

We have a practically new stadium, new bar facilities, in fact I even received a message from a mate of mine this morning who is an Everton fan saying our new stadium looks "quality", we have employed brilliantly off the pitch in Mark Ashton and Mark Kelly.

I personally have been highly critical of our academy, I don't think up to this summer we've done it correctly at all from u8s to u21s. Finally, at long last I am seeing the right people come into the club at that level. 

We have something genuinely exciting going on at OUR football club, and as fans we can help - if you don't believe me, just remember Fulham away last season, the utter passion in the away end and the spur it gave the lads to get a result and the jubilant scenes at the end.

This isn't an overnight project, from what I can understand and from what I've been told our board will back Lee Johnson through pretty much anything and he is our man long term. We are in the hardest league in world football to get out of in the right direction to the Prem anyway it'll take time for everything to come together. But let's do our bit and enjoy this season, if you're not excited about what's going on at the only team in Bristol then you probably should take up a different sport.

Get behind the boys, COYR 

You have 860+ posts, but don't know OTIB very well - beg all you like, you know what will happen if we lose to Villa and Newcastle. Johnson out!

Oh, and as for Lansdown, what's he ever done for us, hasn't spent anything on the team... :whistle: 

Well said EmersonsRed. So you haven't made many posts? You are still entitled to voice your opinions on here and what you say is very true. I've said the same in other threads and as a dual ST holder, also on the Bristol Rugby forum.

Both teams will need a helluva lot of vocal backing from the fans to consolidate their league positions this season. It's going to be hard for both to make real progress and the last thing all the players want is abuse, moaning at the slightest hint of anything not going well.

Ashton Gate must become a fortress for both and without us , that is unlikely to happen. So COYREDS and BRIS.

Well said EmersonsRed! Having watched a number of the pre-season matches I'd say that we'll be a work in progress this year. It would be great if everything clicks from the off...but it might not...and watching a side learn and develop is part of the fun...

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'll give it till half time on Saturday and if things ain't looking good, I will booo.

I'll give it till Aizoon's "have they scored yet" - and that's being optimistic.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Well said EmersonsRed. So you haven't made many posts?

HaaHaa, I was actually suggesting that he'd made a significant number of posts (I guess all things are relative) and so should know better by now than to make that (annual pre-season) plea.

I agree with the OP, as I expect most posters here do, but it won't stop those with a different view suddenly becoming vocal if we aren't flying high after the first few matches of the season.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:  another unnecessary rallying call. 

We get at least one every season.

Better than unnecessary expressions of boredom ("zzzzzzzzz" etc)

So much easier to just close the thread if you're not interested in it.

6 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

You have 860+ posts, but don't know OTIB very well - beg all you like, you know what will happen if we lose to Villa and Newcastle. Johnson out!

Oh, and as for Lansdown, what's he ever done for us, hasn't spent anything on the team... :whistle: 

To be honest the reason most have so many posts is because they just chat utter  bollocks most of the time ;-) :-p but seriously going back to what the poster said about Fulham we all know it's true the more you get behind the team the more it inspires them gives them that bit extra when things aren't working so even if we're losing in a game lets get behind the boys, too many times when losing instead of getting behind the team the atmosphere is embarrassing

53 minutes ago, Olé said:

Better than unnecessary expressions of boredom ("zzzzzzzzz" etc)

So much easier to just close the thread if you're not interested in it.

I don't think I've ever seen him saying anything positive think he just likes antagonizing people, probably leads a boring life and this is how he gets his excitement :laugh: 

I would expect 6 points in the first month considering our opposition anything less I will be disappointed , any more and I'll be delighted. If we battle for each other and go as hard as we can playing well and just lose out then fair enough, but play crap and without heart then get beat then I'm sure the whole team will know about it.

For this season I predict ............... Success :clap:

Archived