IGNORED

Europa league in five years....

Son of Fred

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Nothing wrong with him having ambition, but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I imagine every club in the Championship/bottom half of the Premiership is saying the same thing - doesn't mean it's gonna happen!

Don't forget the 15ers either !

They are going to be Champions League winners in 5 years time, having just moved to their new 80,000 seater stadium 

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Nothing wrong with him having ambition, but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I imagine every club in the Championship/bottom half of the Premiership is saying the same thing - doesn't mean it's gonna happen!

Says he's putting the pressure on all at the club to emulate Swansea/Stoke-best get Mark Ashton "cracking on" then...a less than distinguished august and Lee will need his crash hat.

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't know about anyone else but I'd happily take consistent top 10 championship club in 5 years time. Much better than going backwards...

we need to look at brighton, hull, swansea, watford, stoke, all clubs who are/were a similar size to us not so long ago,

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't know about anyone else but I'd happily take consistent top 10 championship club in 5 years time. Much better than going backwards...

This is how I feel about it Hodge-build a solid base,become consistent/hard to beat and build gradually-sustainability.I think Lee is ahead of himself,even though many will just see it as positivity.

18 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Stoke City. That's what I'd like.

Signing some entertaining quality players like Bojan and Arnautovic etc. No relegation worries . . . . occasional trip to Wembley for Cup finals/semis, the odd win against the big boys each season.

What a life.

Bu then you'd never get the feeling you get from beating Boro or Fulham in the last minute

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Im sure this comment was made as a light hearted retort to Darrells 'New Stadium, New Training Ground' in five years reply..

Not so sure it was, he said he was going to stick his neck out and say Europa League, and then finished off saying he genuinely believes it

8 minutes ago, City169 said:

Not so sure it was, he said he was going to stick his neck out and say Europa League, and then finished off saying he genuinely believes it

Zero chance in 5 years.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Zero chance in 5 years.

Well that's bollocks from the start.

We could win the FA Cup this year and be in it next season. It's extremely unlikely, but there is a chance. 

There's no club within the top 14 tiers* of English football that has "zero chance" of being in the Europa league in 5 years time, it just gets increasingly less likely as you go down the list

*Teams from the top 10 tiers are eligible to enter the FA Cup, so a team from the 14th tier could be promoted 4 times and then win it and still be in the 5 year limit.

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

Well that's bollocks from the start.

We could win the FA Cup this year and be in it next season. It's extremely unlikely, but there is a chance. 

There's no club within the top 14 tiers* of English football that has "zero chance" of being in the Europa league in 5 years time, it just gets increasingly less likely as you go down the list

*Teams from the top 10 tiers are eligible to enter the FA Cup, so a team from the 14th tier could be promoted 4 times and then win it and still be in the 5 year limit.

Ok very very unlikely. Is that better?

6 minutes ago, City169 said:

Yes, because it's not totally incorrect

Getting out of this league will be hard enough, then you need to stay in the prem for a few seasons and build, then finish above one of the Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs!

Think the cup is more likely.

Archived