IGNORED

Vacant shirt number nine very interesting

Major Isewater

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Leaving the number 9 shirt free leads me to believe that City have a deal lined up already .

It is blatant that we are , at least , trying to get a number 9 in .

Am I alone in thinking this ?

Exciting times.

I beat you to it by about 22 hour major, :)

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Leaving the number 9 shirt free leads me to believe that City have a deal lined up already .

It is blatant that we are , at least , trying to get a number 9 in .

Am I alone in thinking this ?

Exciting times.

You are not alone,dear fellow.the sooner the better.just a question of the 'DNA' that dons it!

31 minutes ago, Coppello said:

There are strong rumours of Abraham signing on loan so could it be left for him? Admittedly I have never seen him play but from his physique he doesn't really look like a number 9! 

Number 9 isnt a position, its a shirt number. Anyone coming in could wear it

I'd agree that it suggests we are looking to bring one more in

12 hours ago, !james said:

Quote from Johnson last night:

Have to say that sounds weak.

Nah, cannot meet the £18k a week. How about £12k and the prized number 9 shirt?

At the very least, does sound like we are trying to attract a forward - hardly going to use it as a pull for a left back I would have thought.

6 hours ago, cityexile said:

Have to say that sounds weak.

Nah, cannot meet the £18k a week. How about £12k and the prized number 9 shirt?

At the very least, does sound like we are trying to attract a forward - hardly going to use it as a pull for a left back I would have thought.

We've got the player lined up already, prob be here in the middle of next week I reckon

18 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I'd agree that it suggests we are looking to bring one more in

This is one of the saddest things I have ever read on the forum.

Not having a go at you Marcus, I'm going to presume you are relatively young.

Since I started watching City in particular and football in general the number nine has been associated with goal scorers  many of them heroes and household names.

Centre Forward or more commonly now Striker has long been the player wearing the number nine shirt, and that player has often been the one who provides the most excitement in the game.

We could have a competion listing the number nines who have entertained us over the years?

I'll start Dixie Dean..60 goals in one Premership season..better goal scoring record than Messi or Ronaldo.

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

This is one of the saddest things I have ever read on the forum.

Not having a go at you Marcus, I'm going to presume you are relatively young.

Since I started watching City in particular and football in general the number nine has been associated with goal scorers  many of them heroes and household names.

Centre Forward or more commonly now Striker has long been the player wearing the number nine shirt, and that player has often been the one who provides the most excitement in the game.

We could have a competion listing the number nines who have entertained us over the years?

I'll start Dixie Dean..60 goals in one Premership season..better goal scoring record than Messi or Ronaldo.

I remember Donnie Gillies who was converted from a striker to a right back and continued to wear the coveted number 9, obviously before the days of squad numbers. Always found that slightly sad.

21 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Jimmy Kodjia was chuffed to bits when he was handed the no 1 squad number. 

Little did we know at the time that LT had converted him into the best goalkeeper at the Gate since Adriano Basso.

Please, please!

FFS!!

Can EVERYONE just stop posting theories about the 'vacant no. 9 shirt' for a few moments.

I propose we all chip-in a few quid and get Sherlock Holmes in to find out WTF is going on.

Lets just wait and see what Sherlock comes up with.

OK?

:grr:

Uncle TFR

Archived