IGNORED

Blog post - 3 players who could depart AG before September 1st

tomhbcfc

Hi guys!

I've just put together my latest blog post about the 3 players who I believe LJ is most likely to sell. As the post tells, some I agree with, but there is one who I believe must be given a second chance. https://gaborstrousers.wordpress.com/2016/08/04/3-players-who-could-depart-ag-by-september-1st/

Please check it out and leave any comments about the article or what you think about these players below.

Thanks and cant wait for the wigan match!!

Well written again and hard to disagree with much.

What I would point out though, and it's something I've highlighted before, is a big aspect of Kieran Agard's game that always seems to be missed. He chases everything. Literally everything. Launch the ball forward out of defence and he's after it. Now, as you've pointed out, he's not actually that quick, so he very often doesn't actually get to the ball first, but he does put pressure on the defender who does. Against lumbering league one defenders this quite often resulted in them panicking and putting the ball into touch, giving us a set piece high up the field. Essentially he can help turn a defensive situation into an attacking one and all the defender has to do is send the ball down the pitch.

Against Championship quality defenders this is less likely to work, and I'd certainly agree that Kodjia offers a similar thing with added goal threat, but he was an extremely valuable part of the league one side and his contribution is often missed because it didn't always involve goals, assists, or even touching the ball.

If we can replace him with a better player then wonderful but if not then I'd certainly keep him. He's a useful option to have and a good backup to Kodjia.

4 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

What I would point out though, and it's something I've highlighted before, is a big aspect of Kieran Agard's game that always seems to be missed. He chases everything. Literally everything. Launch the ball forward out of defence and he's after it. Now, as you've pointed out, he's not actually that quick, so he very often doesn't actually get to the ball first, but he does put pressure on the defender who does. Against lumbering league one defenders this quite often resulted in them panicking and putting the ball into touch, giving us a set piece high up the field. Essentially he can help turn a defensive situation into an attacking one and all the defender has to do is send the ball down the pitch.

Against Championship quality defenders this is less likely to work, and I'd certainly agree that Kodjia offers a similar thing with added goal threat, but he was an extremely valuable part of the league one side and his contribution is often missed because it didn't always involve goals, assists, or even touching the ball.

If we can replace him with a better player then wonderful but if not then I'd certainly keep him. He's a useful option to have and a good backup to Kodjia.

Hes definitely a marmite player I think, I did a twitter poll and out of 66 responses about 76% said theyd have him leave, but the 24% who wanted him to stay made very good cases for it

Your blogs are getting better every time....nice one!

I think most of us would feel that these 3 are the 3 in danger of going should LJ want to get rid of anyone.

All about opinions isn't it but I don't blame Little for MK equaliser.  He'd been beaten down the outside a few minutes before, and showing Powell inside where Agard should've been doubling up should've snuffed out the threat....unfortunately Agard was ambling.

As for Agard, I agree he didn't score as many, but he also didn't play every game in 14/15, had a knee injury too.  He didn't get as many as we all hoped but was an effective partner for Wilbs.  Between them, in the games they started they scored almost a goal a game (between them).

Keep the writing up!

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

You're right about that...he reminds me of the bloke I see in the local park, who throws balls and sticks for his dog. That dog chases down everything...every time...but like Agard, on retrieving the ball, looks at his master everytime with a questioning look that says...'now what do I do with it?' ;-)

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

You're right about that...he reminds me of the bloke I see in the local park, who throws balls and sticks for his dog. That dog chases down everything...every time...but like Agard, on retrieving the ball, looks at his master everytime with a questioning look that says...'now what do I do with it?' ;-)

Do you think we can afford the dog's wages?

10 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Do you think we can afford the dog's wages?

Haha...certainly cheaper than Agard fella;-)

I'm not one to rubbish players...as he's obviously a trier. But he's not my type of striker. I personally think young Burns has got more about him than Agard. He has the pace but also more of a footballing brain than Agard imo.

I compared both whilst watching in Development games. Young Burns was far more astute and his finishing is just as good now imo.

Agard for me is a good League 1 Striker...nothing more. Obviously would love him to prove me wrong though ;-)

Archived