IGNORED

Song requests

Tim S

Not necessarily song requests but wondering what your views would be @Tim S.

At half time, I notice it's lots of generic pop music that's usually played. I find this unusual because of the demographic that watch football. Surely it makes sense to have something more people know at half time, rather than the latest song by Fifth Harmony. Would that be possible or is there a reason why poppy Kiss FM/Heart type songs are played at HT? 

Also, please can we have a change from that song featured in the film Kickass which is usually played.

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

Ready to Go - Republica

Both always associate with football for me for some reason - guessing they've been used on TV over the years

And please please PLEEEEEAAAAASE can we do away with that bloody awful instrumental piece that culminates in the 'fanfare' before the players come out. It's so cringey!

You know the one - it goes

Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do

Followed by a fanfare that goes 

Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do doooooooooo

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not necessarily song requests but wondering what your views would be @Tim S.

At half time, I notice it's lots of generic pop music that's usually played. I find this unusual because of the demographic that watch football. Surely it makes sense to have something more people know at half time, rather than the latest song by Fifth Harmony. Would that be possible or is there a reason why poppy kiss/heart type songs are played at HT? 

Also, please can we have a change from that song featured in the film Kickass which is usually played.

There are a few changes that have been made for this season.... nothing too drastic but hopefully you will appreciate them. Mainly pre-match we will bring you a Lee Johnson interview over the PA for every game and have a new announcer on the pitch side mic in Ian Downs (from Sam FM) who is Dave Lloyds replacement. I will be doing all the team announcements and in game stuff (goals, subs etc...) from the booth. Music wise, its always hard to please everybody so we are going to try and play a more varied mix of stuff, both old and new. But I always appreciate feedback and try and take it on board - and will look at what we play at half time, although there is only ever enough time for one or two songs. 

3 minutes ago, Tim S said:

There are a few changes that have been made for this season.... nothing too drastic but hopefully you will appreciate them. Mainly pre-match we will bring you a Lee Johnson interview over the PA for every game and have a new announcer on the pitch side mic in Ian Downs (from Sam FM) who is Dave Lloyds replacement. I will be doing all the team announcements and in game stuff (goals, bubs etc...) from the booth. Music wise, its always hard to please everybody so we are going to try and play a more varied mix of stuff, both old and new. But I always appreciate feedback and try and take it on board - and will look at what we play at half time, although there is only ever enough time for one or two songs. 

Hi Tim, that's interesting thanks. LJ interview is a good idea, hope it's clear enough to heard over the PA and doesn't just become background noise.

I appreciate it's hard to please everyone with the music. Doesn't really bother me but I just distinctly remember walking up the Dolman steps at HT last season.  I remember looking around me at all the 35-60 year old blokes thinking how out of place the soundtrack sounded with Flo Rida or Bieber playing!

6 minutes ago, Tim S said:

There are a few changes that have been made for this season.... nothing too drastic but hopefully you will appreciate them. Mainly pre-match we will bring you a Lee Johnson interview over the PA for every game and have a new announcer on the pitch side mic in Ian Downs (from Sam FM) who is Dave Lloyds replacement. I will be doing all the team announcements and in game stuff (goals, subs etc...) from the booth. Music wise, its always hard to please everybody so we are going to try and play a more varied mix of stuff, both old and new. But I always appreciate feedback and try and take it on board - and will look at what we play at half time, although there is only ever enough time for one or two songs. 

Sounds good Tim.

Whilst there is little to be envied over at the Minimal Ground, one thing you can say for them is that their match day playlist is always dominated by indie, new wave, ska, britpop and rock anthems. Would be nice to get some more of that stuff in.

Buck Rogers - Feeder. Always thought it should be played at AG pre-match. Bit subversive, energising, appropriate lyrics ("I think we're  gonna make it" in the chorus and the verse " We'll start over again, Grow ourselves new skin, Get a house in Devon, Drink cider from a lemon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHU7IhAAP_s

12 minutes ago, Tim S said:

A lot of people struggled to hear LJ's interview at the Portsmouth game - a mix of the tannoy being clear for music, but muffled for live announcements and LJ's tone/delivery made the interview sound like white noise with the odd recognisable word thrown in....

10 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Sounds good Tim.

Whilst there is little to be envied over at the Minimal Ground, one thing you can say for them is that their match day playlist is always dominated by indie, new wave, ska, britpop and rock anthems. Would be nice to get some more of that stuff in.

How do you know?

:shifty:

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

A lot of people struggled to hear LJ's interview at the Portsmouth game - a mix of the tannoy being clear for music, but muffled for live announcements and LJ's tone/delivery made the interview sound like white noise with the odd recognisable word thrown in....

Thanks for letting me know.... we will be trying out a couple of different mics and trying to adjust the settings as we go so that playback on interviews sounds as clear as possible.

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

LJ's tone/delivery made the interview sound like white noise with the odd recognisable word thrown in....

The apple not falling far from the tree?

(p.s. Delete the previous post mods. Quote function is playing up.)

Archived