IGNORED

Song requests

Tim S

3 hours ago, Selred said:

That would be good when we have screens to show the goals as well. Quite a few clubs do that.

@Tim S - any chance for the 10 mins of silence pre-kick off so we can have our own sing song?

Echo this last paragraph. Music right up till kick off becomes intrusive and a little irritating. If not 10, maybe 5 mins of no music before ko?

1 minute ago, Fat Cigar said:

Echo this last paragraph. Music right up till kick off becomes intrusive and a little irritating. If not 10, maybe 5 mins of no music before ko?

I agree in theory but I'm sure the club tried that a few years back and it was a damp squib. Also now with concourses, people are making their way to seats just before kick off  

How about right before kick off, playing Drink up the Cider but turning the volume off for the chorus for the crowd to take it..?

Tim S

Its been done spontaneously in the local pubs with great success and a real join in song.

Need to get it adopted it the stands but needs a bigger push to a greater audience. For a long time I've thought we need to add a recognised anthem to our wurzel repertoire 

I give you ,

'EVERY THING I OWN' (the Ken Booth version obviously)

I've got a few suggestions, all 80s/90s classics and will likely go down well even with young 'uns.

A Design for Life - Manic Street Preachers

Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis

Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve

She Bangs The Drums/Waterfall - The Stone Roses

Common People - Pulp

Song 2 - Blur

The Day We Caught the Train - Ocean Colour Scene

Kasabian - Underdog, always goes down well 

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir, nice atmosphere builder

Massive Attack - Angel, as above and local band obviously 

Brainbug - Nightmare, cracking atmospheric tune with lots of build up (i am sure this could be used for something during the match day build up)

On 05/08/2016 at 13:49, BRISTOL86 said:

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

Ready to Go - Republica

Both always associate with football for me for some reason - guessing they've been used on TV over the years

And please please PLEEEEEAAAAASE can we do away with that bloody awful instrumental piece that culminates in the 'fanfare' before the players come out. It's so cringey!

You know the one - it goes

Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do

Followed by a fanfare that goes 

Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do doooooooooo

It's like you're not even trying to make me happy @Tim S !! ;) 

17 hours ago, yardy said:

Kasabian - Underdog, always goes down well 

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir, nice atmosphere builder

Massive Attack - Angel, as above and local band obviously 

Brainbug - Nightmare, cracking atmospheric tune with lots of build up (i am sure this could be used for something during the match day build up)

As always, you can close the thread.

Archived