IGNORED

Ticket fee changes agreed with Bristol Sport

Charliesboots

3 hours ago, City169 said:

The £1 fee is a small part of a fee they pay per ticket sale and was being put towards what they pay, the rest of that fee is being absorbed by the club.

Oh I see, you mean what they pay to the ticketing system provider; I thought you meant what they pay the home club.

I've no idea how that works nowadays - I'd always assumed the home club prints off x000 tickets and sends them to the away club! No doubt it's more sophisticated than that - but if it costs £2 per ticket then it's hard to believe it's more cost effective - except when you pass the cost on to the customer!

• SC&T Board Members
57 minutes ago, City169 said:

This is what I was told when asking a Derby fan.

Bristol Sport claimed that Derby charge a fee of £1.50 in an attempt to present that as more expensive than their own fee of £1.

The problem is that they omitted to mention that Derby apply that fee only to away tickets.

Having spoken directly to Derby County, I can report that Derby's fee for home tickets bought online or by phone is £1 (and unlike Bristol Sport were doing, this fee is included in the headline price).

For home tickets  bought over the counter, including on the day of the match, Derby charge no fee.

You will no doubt draw your own conclusions as to how "transparent" you believe Bristol Sport had been in making their assertion that Derby charge £1.50.

Just now, Blagdon red said:

Bristol Sport claimed that Derby charge a fee of £1.50 in an attempt to present that as more expensive than their own fee of £1.

The problem is that they omitted to mention that Derby apply that fee only to away tickets.

Having spoken directly to Derby County, I can report that Derby's fee for home tickets bought online or by phone is £1 (and unlike Bristol Sport were doing, this fee is included in the headline price).

For home tickets  bought over the counter, including on the day of the match, Derby charge no fee.

You will no doubt draw your own conclusions as to how "transparent" you believe Bristol Sport had been in making their assertion that Derby charge £1.50.

I wasn't making any comments on the transparency and was purely talking about the price they charged, a few posts up I posted what I was told by a Derby fan about their charges.

Archived