IGNORED

Ticket fee changes agreed with Bristol Sport

Charliesboots

• SC&T Board Members

The Supporters Club & Trust is pleased to report that, following consultation with Bristol Sport, agreement has been reached to change the way ticket fees are advertised in the future.

Headline details are:

• Advertised price will be what supporters pay from now on 
  • Fee-free option for online print at home and online load to card

•  

Full details here

Following engagement and consultation with the Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust, Bristol Sport releases the following statement on ticket prices and fees.

It is Bristol Sport’s aim to grow attendances at Ashton Gate and regularly fill our brand new 27,000-seater stadium.

That was the key reason behind our decision to reduce the price of matchday tickets for our fans of the future, with under-12 (down 37.5%) and under-19 (8%) prices lowered for the 2016/17 season.

We have listened to the feedback from the Supporters Club & Trust and accept the recommendation that the advertised price of tickets should be the price fans pay, inclusive of fees. With effect from the next home match (against Newcastle United) this is how Bristol City will advertise ticket prices. We will also continue in our desire to remain transparent by itemising the ‘fee’ at the end of any transaction.

It should be noted a £1 fee will always apply to all away tickets purchased.

In addition, we acknowledge the recommendation that there should be an option for fans to be able to purchase tickets “fee-free”.

Given Bristol Sport’s desire to be innovative and digital savvy, we share the view of the Supporters Club & Trust that a correct method for “fee-free” tickets should be available.

With effect from the next home match, all online print at home & online load to card tickets (membership cards) sold will not include a fee.

We continue to investigate further digital methods for supporters, such as mobile e-tickets, mobile app, as well as the option of a terminal at the stadium for fans to purchase on-site.

Our ultimate objective is that we are able to attract as many fans as possible to support Lee Johnson and his team at the new Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport would like to thank the Supporters Club & Trust for their engagement on this matter.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Really good from the club . People are quick to criticise and rightly so on this occasion. But I have to praise the club on this. Really good and quick action. No problem with the away charge. Well done city 

This. 

People/businesses make mistakes. It's how they then rectify them that is important. 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Really good from the club . People are quick to criticise and rightly so on this occasion. But I have to praise the club on this. Really good and quick action. No problem with the away charge. Well done city 

Well done to the ST&C for putting pressure on them as well.

Well done all. 

I still don't think it's perfect, and the 'per ticket' fee on away tickets is a particularly unreasonable charge on the club's most loyal fans. £1 to post (however many) is fine, but in the era of "twenty is plenty" it seems City version is 'twenty plus 5% means we can make a bit too'. 

But, nevertheless, we are in a much better place than last week!

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Well done all. 

I still don't think it's perfect, and the 'per ticket' fee on away tickets is a particularly unreasonable charge on the club's most loyal fans. £1 to post (however many) is fine, but in the era of "twenty is plenty" it seems City version is 'twenty plus 5% means we can make a bit too'. 

But, nevertheless, we are in a much better place than last week!

If that £1 wasn't a fee that they themselves then are paying on you'd be right.

How are they paying it on? My understanding was that they already get to keep a % of the face value for every ticket they sell, so the £1 fee just gives them a bit more. 

So, for Reading v City, face value £20, City sell a ticket they have to pass £19 to Reading. So this season, instead of making £1 City make £2.

28 minutes ago, italian dave said:

How are they paying it on? My understanding was that they already get to keep a % of the face value for every ticket they sell, so the £1 fee just gives them a bit more. 

So, for Reading v City, face value £20, City sell a ticket they have to pass £19 to Reading. So this season, instead of making £1 City make £2.

The £1 fee is a small part of a fee they pay per ticket sale and was being put towards what they pay, the rest of that fee is being absorbed by the club.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I'm still struggling to understand how we are adding a charge on an away ticket? 

Presumably the same way Derby charge £1.50 to book away tickets.

I'd imagine its because we're buying through the club/Bristol Sports website which uses the system they have to pay for

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Check with Derby, they don't! 

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

According to their fans they do!

Yeah, Derby charge £1.50 booking fee for away tickets bought online or over the phone. Plus £1 p&p.

I suppose it makes life easier for people booking online, from home or work, especially for the big away games where we will sell out quickly. And long distance fans get a fair crack of the whip too. 

It just doesn't sit comfortably with me though. 

They also charge a £1 for home tickets bought online and you print the buggers off yourself at home!

This is what I was told when asking a Derby fan.

Archived