IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Wigan Athletic Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Lee just said on RB that Tomlin got a bit of a dead leg in the warm up and it was touch and go if he would play.  thank God he was alright.

I've never understood deadlegs keeping players out. Is this a different type of dead leg than me & my mates used to give each other for a laugh, by kneeing each other in the thigh?

3 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

I've never understood deadlegs keeping players out. Is this a different type of dead leg than me & my mates used to give each other for a laugh, by kneeing each other in the thigh?

I always thought that a dead leg was the fact that you had no feeling in it temporally.

8 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Yeah,  I remember the kind of dead leg your referring to,   painful enough, but I guess not the same as this kind  >>>   check it out here  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/treatment_room/newsid_2131000/2131683.stm 

Edited by Shiretor

According to Ian Dowie on sky sports……….he thought it was Kodjia's athleticism and running that eventually opened Wigan up for the two late goals.  As he's a former Premiership striker I'm prepared to believe him………but there seems to be a lot of knee-jerk negativity about our Dynamo Francais

• Like 3
1 minute ago, maxjak said:

According to Ian Dowie on sky sports……….he thought it was Kodjia's athleticism and running that eventually opened Wigan up for the two late goals.  As he's a former Premiership striker I'm prepared to believe him………but there seems to be a lot of knee-jerk negativity about our Dynamo Francais

His runs all game we're opening them up. Even the ones that went out for goal kicks. He drew some fouls and cards then it started opening up more in the second half. Abraham come on and they just couldn't deal with the pace and power. Kodjia was isolated first half and better once Abraham come on. Though I think everyone wanted to strangle JK for not playing TA through on that one break. Comical selfishness. 

• Like 1

All things considered I thought we were pretty impressive today.  Looked very solid overall in terms of positioning.  Flint and Magners generally mopped up everything really well.

First half was a bit quiet going forward with attacking players such as Tomlin, Kodjia and Brownhill struggling to make much of an impact in the game but on other days they'll be the ones to watch. O'Neil looked fit enough and overall ran the midfield, showing good composure on the ball when he did get chance. Subs all made a good impact which is nice to see.

Very promising way to start the season imo.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No I have confidence in Lee to change things and he did.  Brilliant

My comment related to Kodjiaand as it turns out I was correct

Believe in Lee

This is the only post of yours I remember reading and inspired by your own style of judging everything instantly I can only assume you're a complete idiot.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

His runs all game we're opening them up. Even the ones that went out for goal kicks. He drew some fouls and cards then it started opening up more in the second half. Abraham come on and they just couldn't deal with the pace and power. Kodjia was isolated first half and better once Abraham come on. Though I think everyone wanted to strangle JK for not playing TA through on that one break. Comical selfishness. 

Hadwin and Frankie on RB said it was because Tammy looked offside.