IGNORED

Highlights up...

cityexile

The control and one touch from Bryan on 42 secs is absolute class. Watched him do it on the day...one touch, taking it away from the defender in one...but with a soft touch to leave the ball at a perfect pace to run on to. Absolute class to do in the heat of a game and with a defender tight on you.

59 minutes ago, spudski said:

The control and one touch from Bryan on 42 secs is absolute class. Watched him do it on the day...one touch, taking it away from the defender in one...but with a soft touch to leave the ball at a perfect pace to run on to. Absolute class to do in the heat of a game and with a defender tight on you.

What do you think about him up on the left of the front three? Joe, Tomlin and O'Dowda would be very dangerous with the added benefit of Joe and Callum being strong defensively/tracking back and can both pinch the ball off of defenders in dangerous positions. 

I know LJ sees Joe as LB but I'd be very excited with those three as the attacking midfielders. 

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

What do you think about him up on the left of the front three? Joe, Tomlin and O'Dowda would be very dangerous with the added benefit of Joe and Callum being strong defensively/tracking back and can both pinch the ball off of defenders in dangerous positions. 

I know LJ sees Joe as LB but I'd be very excited with those three as the attacking midfielders. 

Can't see it mate...it's going to be interesting to see various formations happen though.

When Korey is fit, we are going to have so many options.

Maybe Korey, Odowda and Pack midfield three...Tomlin roaming in front...then Kodge and Abraham up front.

Bryan and Ayling used as LB and RB with an intent to overlap and be used wide when necessary...giving width and crosses.

So many options now...we have some great players in the squad. Reid and Freeman...the two new lads...it's a nice problem to have.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

watching it at  0.25 speed on youtube - seems Mag's was the scorer ?   btw Flint could not see who got the touch so not sure why he was pointing at Tammy.   oh well

End of the day, seems the players (including Magnússon) have attributed it to Abraham, and if it helps the lad with his confidence, that's all that matters.

Just the very fact we now have a number of players who are real threats at corners/free kicks is great; when we had Flint and Smith both attacking high balls in the title winning season, we looked dangerous pretty much every set piece, so long may it continue.

38 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The Wigan fans said that we looked dangerous the whole game from set pieces and yep, we def can attack set pieces as well as having players who can mop up lose balls.

We did indeed. However on many occasions it was put in too close to the keeper. This changed when Freeman came on.

“We changed the formation and went gung-ho,” Johnson told Bristol City Player HD.

“If you’re playing Championship Manager and putting the tactics board on, there’s a little tactics attitude that says ‘gung ho’ – that’s what we did and it was effective for us at home.

“I thought the crowd were superb – they really enjoyed the tempo of the second half and rightly so, because the boys deserved that adulation.

Sorry to bang on about this ... but this is the only record we have of what we, the fans love and pay a lot of money to see.

It really is important... and for future posterity, as there is never a second chance to record what is now history.

I'd rather Bristol Sport employed a professional, and recorded separate footage that was at least the same quality as other EPL clubs.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Should that of been a penalty on Freeman just before the winning goal? Obviously glad it wasn't given!

in the south stand it looked like it, but you can also see the ball changing direction from the defender, ultimately its whether he got the ball or the man first, which I'm still not sure of, its very close

Archived