IGNORED

POTD

Marlborough Red

Great result today and impressed with the seats  and view from the West Stand.. However I continue to be amazed by the failure of Bristol sport to maximise rvenue from the games.. Why was there no opportunity for POTD today?

There were only a couple of days for fans to buy tickets after the safety certificate was granted on Wednesday , many reported huge difficulty  again of buying on line. The Atyeo had at least 1,000  empty seats (unnecessarily wide segregation ) and there were loads of empty seats scattered around the South Stand . The half empty lower tier West Stand was not allowed to sell any more tickets other than the ST holders for safety reasons that I still find difficult to comprehend.

Why oh why , on a beautiful sunny day,  for the much anticipated first game of the season in our fantastic new stadium, was the Club not able to sell POTD for the Ateyo and South Stand and Dolman (if any free) It could have been communicated in the Post or the Website that 2,000 tickets were on sale Saturday . I have some family who would have come given the fine weather and availability of POTD. Not to allow fans (not all of whom find it easy to buy on line or use credit cards) this opportunity is a real shame and probably reduced the crowd by at least a thousand in my opinion.

Will POTD be available for the Newcastle and Villa games , or will it be an all ticket match which will certainly limit the attendance again.

Plenty of revenue from concessions today- £6 for a Pasty, £4 for a sausage roll  at the rear of the West Stand !

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

As I've said elsewhere. Blame the SAG. They were the ones who sadly restricted numbers today. 

Maybe for other areas of the ground but surely not for the Atyeo where the opposition only sell 1200 tickets out of a total allocation if 2700. If other areas are restricted due to safety reasons there can be no reason why people couldn't buy Atyeo tickets like as happened in the last couple of years with small away followings.

10 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

As I've said elsewhere. Blame the SAG. They were the ones who sadly restricted numbers today. 

I'm not sure you can really 'blame' them when we had a test event without said stand open. I think they did their job - rightly - the club are pretty blameless too and the contractors, well they hit delays as most projects do also. Not sure there is a reason to blame anyone, just predictable, (upon all parties) excusable and understandable. 

If there is blame, maybe it's how unattractive the west stand is to ST holders. The price point may be particularly telling 

Dont 'get why the H&S boys restricted sales to the 3 sides of the stadium that have been open for at least a year , and in the Atyeo many many years. How long will this continue. to limit the attendances?

What impact will they have on the West Stand for the 2 big home  games coming up ? Can't see why the West Lower Tier is not fully opened up for POTD for the Newcastle game in 14 days time.

1 minute ago, Marlborough Red said:

Dont 'get why the H&S boys restricted sales to the 3 sides of the stadium that have been open for at least a year , and in the Atyeo many many years. How long will this continue. to limit the attendances?

What impact will they have on the West Stand for the 2 big home  games coming up ? Can't see why the West Lower Tier is not fully opened up for POTD for the Newcastle game in 14 days time.

Yep, plenty of Geordies would be pleased if this was to happen!

8 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

I imagine it would be. Let us not forget that's the first time the Lansdown Stand has been open - it was closed for Pompey.

H&S do a thankless role. When they're over cautious they get blamed and if they don't execute caution and the worst happens they also get the blame. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Frankly, if we have a tight completion timescale and don't have a dry event I'm totally behind them limiting access. The Ateyo is another matter and one I'd be less inclined to stick up for them in respect of. But iro the West Stand they have my full backing: we didn't give them an opportunity to sign it off. We didn't because the build didn't allow us to. The build didn't allow us to because it was a tight timescale and even though there were delays nonetheless it went up in impressive time. Ateyo aside little blame here imo. 

7 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

The empty seats in the Dolman & SS were no doubt down to ST holders who weren`t there as was the case with the seat next to me. As far as I know, all available seats were able to be bought after Wednesday`s inspection.

I do agree about the excessive segregation in the Atyeo though.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

The empty seats in the Dolman & SS were no doubt down to ST holders who weren`t there as was the case with the seat next to me. As far as I know, all available seats were able to be bought after Wednesday`s inspection.

I do agree about the excessive segregation in the Atyeo though.

Put of interest how many patches of empty seats were there in the SS? From within it was hard to spot any, and the Dolman looked packed from my seat

13 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

You've said this a lot, but when I bought my season ticket in W15 of the Lansdown Stand it showed that the block was pretty much sold out with season tickets - and the same was true for most of the other blocks - so how does saying 'no POTD' impact this? My block was very sparse with at least ten empty rows behind me, not all those ST holders could have been unable to make the game in convenient sections of empty rows?!

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You've said this a lot, but when I bought my season ticket in W15 of the Lansdown Stand it showed that the block was pretty much sold out with season tickets - and the same was true for most of the other blocks - so how does saying 'no POTD' impact this? My block was very sparse with at least ten empty rows behind me, not all those ST holders could have been unable to make the game in convenient sections of empty rows?!

The back 10 rows or so of blocks W13/W14/W15 are "Club Seats" used as part of the hospitality offerings. 

As these facilities weren't available, those customers were offered hospitality elsewhere (Sports Bar and Grill I believe) and will likely have been seated closer to their facilities.

1000153.png?etag=B1A92E9D6B15E69346A93BB

5 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The back 10 rows or so of blocks W13/W14/W15 are "Club Seats" used as part of the hospitality offerings. 

As these facilities weren't available, those customers were offered hospitality elsewhere (Sports Bar and Grill I believe) and will likely have been seated closer to their facilities.

1000153.png?etag=B1A92E9D6B15E69346A93BB

Thanks for clarifying

5 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Is what I was about to say :) 

If the back 10 rows of blocks 13,14 and 15 are reserved for hospitality customers, 

but there wasn,t any hospitality due to restaurants being unfinished, which the club

knew about in advance, why weren,t those seats sold to paying customers ?

3 blocks, 25 seats per block, 10 rows = 750 seats (i think) = lost revenue + a visible

empty space.

7 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

If the back 10 rows of blocks 13,14 and 15 are reserved for hospitality customers, 

but there wasn,t any hospitality due to restaurants being unfinished, which the club

3 blocks, 25 seats per block, 10 rows = 750 seats (i think) = lost revenue + a visible

empty space.

For the millionth time, because the SAG set a limit on how many seats in the Lansdown stand could be sold/overall capacity in the stadium whilst the Lansdown Stand isn't fully functioning! :) 

1 hour ago, dunsteral said:

empty space.

Possibly because customers had already bought 'em!

8 hours ago, tomhbcfc said:

Dolman E29 was packed, and worryingly someone else sat in my mates seat, lucky our other mate wasn't there so no issues caused, but could be an issue when hes back from vacation! Should see atleast 1 sell out versus Newcastle 

get him to check with the club as they've sold my seat twice

Archived