IGNORED

Team for Wycombe

samo II

I think bobby reid is becoming a half tidy player now, and was disappointed he didn,t start

yesterday (although with all the players we have signed understanable).  He has scored goals

in 3 of his recent games, so perhaps he is the goal scoring midfielder we have been looking

for. Stick him in against wycombe in a more forward position and give himm the opportunity

to score more goals.

5 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

I think bobby reid is becoming a half tidy player now, and was disappointed he didn,t start

yesterday (although with all the players we have signed understanable).  He has scored goals

in 3 of his recent games, so perhaps he is the goal scoring midfielder we have been looking

for. Stick him in against wycombe in a more forward position and give himm the opportunity

to score more goals.

In the starting eleven and formation I was surprised Josh Brownhill got the nod as the central player in the forward three behind Kodjia.  Reid going to give LJ a decision to make.  That's what we want.

Great opportunity to give the rest of the squad a run out... 

O'Leary

Mattthews / Flint (sub after 45 for Ayling) / Williams / Golborne

Odowda (sub after 60 mins for J.Smith) / Reid / Brownhill / Freeman

Wilbraham (sub after 45 for Abraham) / Agard

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I can't see us playing such a second string side, Wycombe aren't bad and could easily turn us over.

I'd like to see..

Lucic

Matthews, Flint, Magnusson, Bryan

O'Dowda, Pack, Reid, Freeman

Abraham, Kodjia

Would be happy with that team, I'm an advocate of giving the second choice goalkeeper cup games, otherwise their only chance to break through is when an injury or suspension happens, which is not often at all

I`m not really fussed what the side is TBH as we have a big enough squad now to put out an 11 where each player could reasonably be described as a first teamer. The only thing I would like to see though is another run out for Hordur and Flinty to further reinforce their understanding of each other`s game.

it`s not worth risking anyone who`s got a knock though so I suspect that will rule out GON, LT and Callum O`Dowda. It would be nice if Korey was close enough to fitness to at least be on the bench and get some minutes too but I suspect that`s not the case.

11 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I'd rest O'Neil, Tomlin and O'Dowda due to the knocks they've taken. 

4231 -

O'Donnel

Matthews

Flint

Magnusson

Golborne

Pack

Bryan

Brownhill

Reid

Freeman

Abraham

and we have a winner, pretty much the way I'd go.

Just now, Spoons said:

Welch

scott   Taylor  Newman Llewelyn 

tinnion    Shelton  Docherty gavin

Taylor    Jaki

subs flint, Tomlin, mercer, bent, bell, Walsh, Rennie

Think we'd get a runaround by Wycombe if we fielded that lot, too many that are past their best

O'Donnell 

Matthews      Flint          Williams        Golbourne 

Pack                                                                                                                                                             

Freeman                  Brownhill 

Reid 

Wilbraham     Abraham 

Subs O'Leary Ayling Magnusson  O'Neil  Bryan  Tomlin Kodijia 

13 hours ago, NeilS said:

Always want us to win, but not that fussed about this boring competition, Burton and the league priority, stick the kids in. 

Utterly disagree with this philosophy. Why enter the thing if we're happy to surrender to lower league teams?

Cup runs involve winning matches - they generate confidence, pride and revenue. Not trying in the early rounds suggests arrogance and cynicism. I know which I want to see at the club.

Strongest team possible please. Only rest those with a knock.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Utterly disagree with this philosophy. Why enter the thing if we're happy to surrender to lower league teams?

Cup runs involve winning matches - they generate confidence, pride and revenue. Not trying in the early rounds suggests arrogance and cynicism. I know which I want to see at the club.

Strongest team possible please. Only rest those with a knock.

Exactly, we've no longer got a pathetically small threadbare squad. We can afford a bit of rotation whilst keeping a strong team. Really good chance for the likes of Brownhill, Magnusson and Abraham to get accustomed to playing for us and give Adam Matthews the opportunity for some match fitness.

If Wycombe are no great shakes it's even worse if we lose to them playing a weakened team.

Mind you if we sent out a full strength team and lost that would be worse still.

LJ needs to rest a few who are carrying knocks from Saturday but ensure whatever 11 he sends out is one he is convinced is strong enough to knock Wycombe out.

It's not the end of the world if we don't have a long League Cup run, but we should always aim to progress as far as we can, and surrendering to a L2 club in the 1st round should never be an option.

SL has stated he wants Cup runs, and he'll expect his latest manager to deliver.

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

They're not great, they haven't won a game since March time IIRC

Had a pretty good pre-season and haven't lost key players. I never take the league cup for granted given our record, would love for us to have a cup run - or at least finally get a draw against a Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Had a pretty good pre-season and haven't lost key players. I never take the league cup for granted given our record, would love for us to have a cup run - or at least finally get a draw against a Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool

They've got an injury crisis and are naming 43-year-old Gareth Ainsworth on the bench... Not saying we'll beat them, but Jesus we should do.

Archived