IGNORED

iPhone 6s or Samsung S7 Edge

Big Red Rich

So I've had had iPhone for so long now the previous phone prior to the several iPhones I've had was a Nokia when Nokia's were still just about cool! 

So my 5s is now up for replacement, I'm not one of these who waits for the very latest phone to come out then queue up for it etc so I'm always a phone behind due to cost. So do I just play safe and go for the 6s or do I android?

Can anyone help me out and then me know what I might be missing out on if I pick the other? I still have an iPad so I'll get my apple fix I guess of that!!

any help appreciated!

Rich

How much do you use Facetime? Because that's really the only difference. I would say 95% of apps are available on both. Samsungs weather better than iPhones too.

I've heard the S7 has had a few returns due to mechanical failures. However, this has probably been ironed out now as stock is newer to when it first came out. I have a S6 edge and it's brilliant. Have also helped convert two iPhoners to join the Samsung world and they haven't looked back.

Storage! I've got family members all with iPhones (I'm the only Samsung android), they are always driving me mad when they try to take photos or add apps but have to delete something first as they have no storage. I can have a nice big memory card in mine and just snap away. I know the storage is back for the s7 (god I would love that phone), so that's another thing to consider.

I have a Sansung tablet but rarely use it, must prefer my iPads, don't think I would ever have an Apple phone though, android all the way.

On 8/10/2016 at 21:13, Aizoon said:

I've been an iPhone owner since the year dot, but this worm turned when the latest release of iOS crippled the 4S.

I have an S7 and I love it to bits. At last I can stop worrying about using my phone in a light drizzle :)

YOU have got a mobile phone ............. ??

:cool2:

Uncle TFR

• Admin

I've got an Samsung S5 (work) and a iPhone 5S.  I find it easier to link calanders between work and personal on the iPhone, but that's probably just my limited knowledge. The Samsung eats battery life at an amazing rate if you use a lot of apps or google maps for directions.

I downloaded a battery life saving app and it helps.  My misses has the iPhone 6 - the big one - for me it's too big to carry around - but she's is an apple fan and loves it.

I must admit the inability to expand memory on iPhone has pissed me off, unsure if I will stick with it or go Android when this one dies. I'm already well past the upgrade and just on a cheap monthly contract, but have no need to upgrade as the 5S does everything I need (apart from expansion of memory).

I've got an s7 edge and love it, although I've gone from the s3 to the s5 and now this one, so probably pro Samsung. Wife has iPhone6 (or whatever the latest one is at the mo) and it is a nice phone, but I just don't get on with apple (other than the ipad). Don't like the keypad on them...

Brother in law went from iPhone 6 to the s6 edge and said he'd never go back, and my other brother in law has an iPhone 6 and is considering changing...

Go into carphone warehouse and play about with both. You may find as an apple user you hate android. 

I will say the camera in the s7 edge is absolutely shit hot.....

I think both have their positives.

I have always been an apple fan boy, and had every generation of iphone. But earlier on in the year whilst i had my iphone 6 plus i decided sod it, i like the look of the s7 edge so bought one. Must admit im very suprised in how good it is. 

Camera clarity is excellent, screen colours and brightness far superior, ringtones much louder, plus you can expand the memory with a micro sd card. Also the build quality is much better than previous galaxy's. Metal and glass instead of metal-looking plastic. 

I have never been a fan of android but this current version is similar to ios but much more customisable. 

Not a massive Samsung fan, but much prefer Android to Apple

Had an Apple phone for work and much preferred that for ease of use for all the things you need to do when you're not in the office, but Android for personal use every time. You can make your Android your own with launchers and icon packs, get it looking exactly how you want it to. As RedM says, you've got as much storage as you can handle, or can afford, not limited in anyway

Got an Xperia Z3 currently, great phone, great camera (vital bit of kit having kids). For those who mention facetime there is now Google Duo for android, I can call my daughters on iphones from my Android when I'm missing their faces. An absolute Godsend 

38 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Not a massive Samsung fan, but much prefer Android to Apple

Had an Apple phone for work and much preferred that for ease of use for all the things you need to do when you're not in the office, but Android for personal use every time. You can make your Android your own with launchers and icon packs, get it looking exactly how you want it to. As RedM says, you've got as much storage as you can handle, or can afford, not limited in anyway

Got an Xperia Z3 currently, great phone, great camera (vital bit of kit having kids). For those who mention facetime there is now Google Duo for android, I can call my daughters on iphones from my Android when I'm missing their faces. An absolute Godsend 

Despite having a MacBook, ipad and ipod, I have yet to bother with an iphone:  have a S5 for home, and a Xperia Z3 compact for use in the UK, and I don't see any need to move away from Android:  comparing the 2, I think I would go Xperia every time.  The only issue I have with the Z3 is the size: in hindsight I should have bought the regular device as opposed to the compact. 

8 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

So far so good! I like the fact you can customise it very easily & the widgets thing is pretty cool also. Feel a bit of an apple rebel getting an android on the day they release their new phone!

No better time to do it as Apple continue to drip feed the tech to their acolytes.

16 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Despite having a MacBook, ipad and ipod, I have yet to bother with an iphone:  have a S5 for home, and a Xperia Z3 compact for use in the UK, and I don't see any need to move away from Android:  comparing the 2, I think I would go Xperia every time.  The only issue I have with the Z3 is the size: in hindsight I should have bought the regular device as opposed to the compact. 

I've got 7 months left before I can upgrade, but can do in 3 months when I can sell the Xperia for the same amount as is left on the contract. I haven't heard anything about a new Xperia or Sony coming out though....anyone else? I swapped from Sony to Samsung about 4 years ago, I think I'm set on Sony again now. I love the size, that was another thing I didn't like about the iphone I had for work, was a little on the small side

Archived