IGNORED

**** off the FA!!!

formerly known as ivan

So how come it was either us or them to play Chelsea? Seems a odd coincidence? Completely farcical situation. Had it been them or Cardiff to play Chelsea I suspect Cardiff would have taken it much more seriously.

How can the outcome of our lower league neighbours effect who we play in the next round? Very odd.

2 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Whilst I understand what you're saying in this instance.... But - replays are normally played with both teams knowing who they've got in the next round (FA Cup).

So nothing new.

Personally, not bothered. This compo has no replays so really should be a draw AFTER the round is completed, but that's up to the simpletons who decided to go ahead, cash the tv money and not bother with a 'next round' draw at the appropriate timing.

Yes, however in that instance both teams will have the same potential reward for winning the tie. That was not the case tonight. Compare it if you will to a late season game with one team desperately needing points and the other with nothing to play for. It really shouldn't have happened and It's typical that we were the ones to suffer from it. Never mind eh, roll on Saturday.

Look at the positives. Look at how far the club has come. We are a seeded team in the second round of the EFL. Progression boys. 

It would've been nice to go to SB but with the date of it, I think we dodged a bullet. Hopefully get some of the younger boys and squad players more game time and still advance. Only dilemna is if we advance again using some of our backups and we draw a big club. Be tough to sit those players, no? Anyway, not gutted and looking forward to the league on Saturday now. Probably needs to be 3 points because the next 3 will be as tough as they come in this league. 

34 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

It was win-win in my book.

Rovers win = trip to Scunny (rest key players for Newcastle/Villa, could be winnable)

Rovers lose = trip to Chelsea (chance at giant killing, bumper crowd)

Not fussed. Hell, if we beat Scunny, we might have a draw against another big name. Imagine getting Man U at home... 

Or Chelsea away.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

What a ridiculous way to do a cup draw. If you're drawn against a team that's who you should play, simple as! Would be just as annoyed if it was a Rochdale or Oldham that had done the same.

If they want to do this seeding thing then everyone should have played by the time the draw for the next round is done.

******* assholes!!!

It's the football league cup mate. Nothing to do with the F.A

I am not bothered but agree with the sentiment. It's a bit strange. Say our match had been postponed for some reason. The draw then would have been Chelsea vs city/rovers/an other. It's just messy and unnecessary. 

I think that after all teams have played it should be the draw - particularly as mentioned because there are no replays!

26 minutes ago, Just Red said:

So how come it was either us or them to play Chelsea? Seems a odd coincidence? Completely farcical situation. Had it been them or Cardiff to play Chelsea I suspect Cardiff would have taken it much more seriously.

How can the outcome of our lower league neighbours effect who we play in the next round? Very odd.

How many times does it have to be explained. it's not acctually that complicated. 

The draw of 50 teams is split into 25 seeded, 25 not seeded. The 25 highest placed teams from the season before are seeded. How cardiff gone through, we would have been 26th highest team, thus resulting in us not being seeded, allowing us to play a seeded team. As cardiff did not go through, we were seeded as we were the 25th highest finishing team, thus meaning we had to play an unseeded team.

3 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

How many times does it have to be explained. it's not acctually that complicated. 

The draw of 50 teams is split into 25 seeded, 25 not seeded. The 25 highest placed teams from the season before are seeded. How cardiff gone through, we would have been 26th highest team, thus resulting in us not being seeded, allowing us to play a seeded team. As cardiff did not go through, we were seeded as we were the 25th highest finishing team, thus meaning we had to play an unseeded team.

:laugh: !!

Just accept it for what it is.

They did the draw, we drew Scunthorpe as we are one of the top teams left in the cup, so we were seeded. Rovers drew Chelsea as they were unseeded.

Let them have their little moment, remind them who we are playing in the League this month and who they are playing in the League. 

5 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Just accept it for what it is.

They did the draw, we drew Scunthorpe as we are one of the top teams left in the cup, so we were seeded. Rovers drew Chelsea as they were unseeded.

Let them have their little moment, remind them who we are playing in the League this month and who they are playing in the League. 

no need. no point.

Ita daft that our game was after the draw.

I think the incentive helped us in extra time a little as Cardiff didnt put as much into extra time although they wernt that good all game.

If i were a city fan i would be disappointed at not going to the Bridge , but on the other hand you have a more winnable game

Gutting for me as i cant make the Chelsea game anyway

8 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Without sounding bitter, I have to agree. It's hardly fair that Rovers went into this game with a massive incentive, knowing that they had the chance to land a plum tie and a massive financial boost to their coffers...ensuring that they took it a lot more seriously than they otherwise would have done. Cardiff meanwhile would hardly have been pumped for the prospect of Scunthorpe away. Nobody has ever known who their league cup opponents in the next round will be. Why did this have to be the first time ever??? The draw should have been done tonight.

The FA cup draw is always done before replays of the previous round are played, meaning teams know who they will play if they win their replay. I don't see the problem. I'm really glad we don't have Chelsea, horrible Russian franchise.

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It's the football league cup mate. Nothing to do with the F.A

Get it's the football league cup but I always thought the FA had the final say on everything.

Also the football league cup is a bit of a farce given the premier leagues involvement. Isn't that why the Johnsons Paint is called the football league trophy?

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Without seeding we wouldn't have drawn them. Can't understand the fuss at all.

The issue isn't with who we are (or are not) playing, it's the fact that the seedlings weren't confirmed until after the draw took place, meaning we ended up in some bizarre three way, contingent on the results of others  

I've never seen a draw where you could be playing one of two teams when both of your potential opponents have already finalised their own ties. It's weird. 

7 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Which is all absolutely fine, but the draw shouldn't have happened before seedings could be finalised. The draw should have been made after the final tie of round one. Simple. 

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Nope, we drew Chelsea!

Some people might not care but I for one was looks my forward to trip to Stamford Bridge. Hardly a place we are likely to get to visit too often!

If we categorically drew Chelsea as you suggest, please explain how we are now playing Scunthorpe.

I'm just pleased we're in round two at all; not like it's a common occurrence for us!

As long as we play better than against Wycombe and try and actually get through to the next round, that is.

Won't lie; fancied the Chelsea game (could have made it along; decent early season test) but even more potential in the third round draw, and as long as we don't come unstuck and there are a touch fewer 'shocks', odds are we'd face someone challenging.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No, that wasn't the point I was making.

We didn't categorically draw Chelsea. It was always Chelsea or Scunthorpe. Unfortunately you are just going to have to get over it.

Doesn't mean I can't be pissed off with it though does it? A farce of a draw for which there was no reason for it.

Some people might not be bothered but I was looking forward to seeing some of the worlds best players up against the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Terry.

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Doesn't mean I can't be pissed off with it though does it? A farce of a draw for which there was no reason for it.

Some people might not be bothered but I was looking forward to seeing some of the worlds best players up against the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Terry.

You talk as if someone has taken away something from you that was rightly yours. It wasn't, it was a possibility, similar to when you draw a big team in the next round of the FA Cup before you've finished your own tie. We knew all along it might be Scunthorpe.

The seedings system created a slight anamoly in the draw that happened to affect us, but it's a very minor issue at the end of the day.

for all those saying it means we will get to play a bigger team in the next round look at this from Scunthorpes perspective, Scunthorpe have got to be looking at this and thinking with playing the lowest seeded side in the draw it gives them a great chance of going through.

Don't worry chaps. Im on holiday the round after Scunthorpe so I can God damn guarantee that we will get through and draw Man United away.

Old Trafford is the closest league ground to my house so it would only be right for us to finally get a draw there whilst I'm on the other side of the world. 

57 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Well I wouldn't waste too many tears on this as in all likelihood you wouldn't have seen those players anyway. 

We drew Scunthorpe, get over it. 

Archived