IGNORED

**** off the FA!!!

formerly known as ivan

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Top 10(?) highest league finishes last season or something like that. 

Chelsea would have been nice but hey ho. 

We've got Newcastle & Villa that week anyway. 

Exactly.

10 hours ago, Brizzol said:

I wanted Scunthorpe. Gives us more of a chance to progress and rest key players, rather than field our strongest 11 against Newcastle Chelsea and Villa in the space of 7 days.

Much better to have Scunners.

10 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

It was win-win in my book.

Rovers win = trip to Scunny (rest key players for Newcastle/Villa, could be winnable)

Rovers lose = trip to Chelsea (chance at giant killing, bumper crowd)

Not fussed. Hell, if we beat Scunny, we might have a draw against another big name. Imagine getting Man U at home... 

Somebody else mentioned that we already know that if we beat Scunners we get Chelsea or Rovers but it seems i misread that.. its all so confusing now I need to lie down.

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Doesn't mean I can't be pissed off with it though does it? A farce of a draw for which there was no reason for it.

Some people might not be bothered but I was looking forward to seeing some of the worlds best players up against the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Terry.

No way would those 3 have played unless as subs. Imagine it would have been Chelsea reserves with a couple of 1st team fringe players. 

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Doesn't mean I can't be pissed off with it though does it? A farce of a draw for which there was no reason for it.

Some people might not be bothered but I was looking forward to seeing some of the worlds best players up against the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Terry.

Its a little embarrassing how badly you are reacting... You can see that next season when we are in the Prem ;)

8 hours ago, samo II said:

I'm just pleased we're in round two at all; not like it's a common occurrence for us!

As long as we play better than against Wycombe and try and actually get through to the next round, that is.

Won't lie; fancied the Chelsea game (could have made it along; decent early season test) but even more potential in the third round draw, and as long as we don't come unstuck and there are a touch fewer 'shocks', odds are we'd face someone challenging.

Will we know how many teams we will have to play in the third round, before the Scunny game.  I hope it 's only one, as it's unfair we should have to play two teams at the same time!

The proposal has been made several times over the years that the 3rd & 4th rounds of the FA Cup should be seeded.

That way "little" clubs will be drawn against a club from one of the top two divisions. The reasoning being that "Little" clubs aren't going to win the Cup, so either give them a chance of causing an upset with a home tie, or be drawn away to a "giant" and take a third of the gate money.

Archived