IGNORED

Mark Little

CTRed

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

Wait for it, once he's out of the team it will be Kodjia getting the stick if he doesn't score soon. Little is certainly struggling at this level but some of the stick he is getting is wide of the mark, I can think of a dozen worse right backs we've had without even thinking about it

I like this, and I agree: "I can think of a dozen worse right backs we've had without even thinking about it" It doesn't bear thinking about

Without reading every comment as it went off topic quite quick, any chance Matthews was rested to play Norwich? I think it's likely. Save our better RB(match fit or not) for the tougher team. I expect Matthews the next 3 league games. Little leaves much to be desired defensively but against a team like Burton I expect to be more attacking and that's what he does. 

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not sure he's had a good game at this level, so I'd agree there.

Makes the decision to sell Ayling all the stranger. 

Ayling shares Little's propensity to be caught out of position,  but offers more to the team - especially going forward. 

I always wondered if Luke's natural position was in midfield.  We'll never know now.

Ayling also shared Little's propensity for running his heart out for the team and I just hope that we don't lose that .

We need these honest types who hassle the opponents and don't give them time to get their game going even if they are perhaps less talented than others on the team .

Good luck to ' Bill ' by the way .

Against Wigan he was ever present making a nuisance of himself even though his final ball was lacking .

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Stupid comment he is a double winner and is nowhere near Nicky hunt standard

And even I am better than Nicky Hunt.

11 hours ago, CTRed said:

Yes, as stated, was great on League 1, has never, and will not be in Championship

Remind me how many times has he played at this level? I only ask because Lee Johnson and John Pemberton seem keen to try him out; the operative words being 'try him out'. Perhaps you have already seen enough in which case do us all a favour, including the club, and call them up to advise them so we can sell him tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

I don't agree - as I said elsewhere, it's easy to remember him with rose-tinted glasses as we did so well that year, but after a strong start he really tailed off before his injury.

He made four assists in the first month or so of the season and the one in the rest of the campaign. It's not all about stats, but he looked effective at the start, but became more average as the season wore on.

It's probably best illustrated by the fact when Tavernier came in, and found his feet, he looked much better; and I'd call him a decent Championship RB.

I think Little played 3 months with a shoulder injury before finally having to give the season up.  That was the reason he was less effective in the second half of the season.  Cotts mentioned it when he went in for his full operation.  Not easy to play at Litts-100%-bulldozer style with one arm tied behind his back (not physically!).

i'm not one to criticise our players, tending to see the plus points.  For Litts, I don't think he's going to be first choice now that Matthews is here, but he can still come in and be a useful squad member.  I wouldn't mind him coming on as sub in front of Matthews on the right side of midfield / wing and just running his nuts off when we might be trying to hold onto a lead.  He"s a trier, and I'm sure a few other Champ sides would be interested, probably the lower ones.

If I had a choice of letting one of Litts or Ayling go, it would be Litts.  I'd have kept them both, but Leeds (and possibly Celtic) approached us with a decent fee.  That's football.

Good point above, if we are trying to hold onto a lead, then Little in front of Matthews wouldn't be a bad shout.

In the past I have said I think Little might be able to be a makeshift right midfielder if we were short on options, and having been a RB he will know where Matthews might need support, so as a sub for that role in the final 10-15 minutes of games there are certainly worse options.

That said, under LJ we seem very attacking minded, so don't think he'd do it.

8 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

You can only sell players when there are willing buyers. Maybe Little didn't have any suitors, whilst a good offer came in for Ayling.

I'm amazed how many people can't get thier heads around this. Yes I'm sure in the next me or two windows we will move Little on and improve the strength of RB's but in the meantime he's an okay back up. 

The guy stood next to me summed him up perfectly when little was dawdling as he does. He shouted "pass the bloody thing, it's not a hand grenade".

He isn't fit enough, is constantly caught out of position and is painfully slow. Teams will target him just like burton did. For the happy clappers on here, ask yourself why the opposition target him.

1 hour ago, Portishead Red said:

The guy stood next to me summed him up perfectly when little was dawdling as he does. He shouted "pass the bloody thing, it's not a hand grenade".

He isn't fit enough, is constantly caught out of position and is painfully slow. Teams will target him just like burton did. For the happy clappers on here, ask yourself why the opposition target him.

In this case it just so happened that their best player was their left winger, Dyer. I knew that before the game, wonder why we didn't give Little any protection. For what it is worth i believe he will be let go, as the squad evolves further.

17 hours ago, Portishead Red said:

Surely you'd want to pass a hand grenade? Ideally to the opposition.

On 8/13/2016 at 22:21, CTRed said:

Has to go. Liability.

give him a chance,we have nobody else at mo, mathews not fit enough/ little had bad injury last season.

but i agree that the step up to championship is getting greater by the season, and the likes of ayling/agard/wagstaff who all served us well were not quite good enough.Ashton have already said on radio that people will leave to make room for new player/ we all HAVE TO TRUST LEE.

6points and 3 straight wins cant be all that bad :laugh:

Archived