IGNORED

Transfer work still to be done?

Tipps69

With the rumoured centre-back & striker to come in & all the on-going rumours of midfielders being linked with us, now is the time to strike while we really have something to sell potential players.

While everyone was already excited after our early transfer business & the completion of the stadium redevelopment, I think we should now push to try & improve the playing side of things even further. If we were / are in for any foreign targets, now is the time to get them in, sell the fact that we're top of the league, still in the cup, 100% for the season, any foreigner we maybe interested in doesn't need to know that we haven't played particularly well yet but we can push the fact that we've been trusted with Tammy by Chelsea & he's a £20m rated striker who's hit the ground running with 4 goals in 3 games & that his strike partner is valued at £10m+ but we're not interested in selling.

From the outside looking in, you'd have to be impressed with that, plus the Icelandic international defender we've just signed from Juventus & goal keeper from Bayern Munich, could those factors swing any potential deals? And I mean sign someone who can push AF & HM for their place, not someone to push DW for his subs bench position & a midfielder that will push the likes of GO'N & KS, not someone to push BR for his place on the bench & any potential striker arrival should be to push TA & JK for their starting spot, not just push AW for his spot on the bench.

Now is the time to make the most of the momentum that we have going for us & make moves for players that other wise may not of been interested in joining us & it would be great if we could significantly strengthen now, before this window shuts as there's no knowing where we could be come January, when the winter window opens.

And if all is good come January, it'll make our job of strengthening even easier. 

Let's stop sitting on our laurels & strike while the iron is hot, get quality in now, while it's easy to sell the club.

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

With the rumoured centre-back & striker to come in & all the on-going rumours of midfielders being linked with us, now is the time to strike while we really have something to sell potential players.

While everyone was already excited after our early transfer business & the completion of the stadium redevelopment, I think we should now push to try & improve the playing side of things even further. If we were / are in for any foreign targets, now is the time to get them in, sell the fact that we're top of the league, still in the cup, 100% for the season, any foreigner we maybe interested in doesn't need to know that we haven't played particularly well yet but we can push the fact that we've been trusted with Tammy by Chelsea & he's a £20m rated striker who's hit the ground running with 4 goals in 3 games & that his strike partner is valued at £10m+ but we're not interested in selling.

From the outside looking in, you'd have to be impressed with that, plus the Icelandic international defender we've just signed from Juventus & goal keeper from Bayern Munich, could those factors swing any potential deals? And I mean sign someone who can push AF & HM for their place, not someone to push DW for his subs bench position & a midfielder that will push the likes of GO'N & KS, not someone to push BR for his place on the bench & any potential striker arrival should be to push TA & JK for their starting spot, not just push AW for his spot on the bench.

Now is the time to make the most of the momentum that we have going for us & make moves for players that other wise may not of been interested in joining us & it would be great if we could significantly strengthen now, before this window shuts as there's no knowing where we could be come January, when the winter window opens.

And if all is good come January, it'll make our job of strengthening even easier. 

Let's stop sitting on our laurels & strike while the iron is hot, get quality in now, while it's easy to sell the club.

Totally agree with you and am sure LJ, MA and SL are looking at the situation this way also. Think the next couple of weeks will bring quite a few surprises yet both in and out!

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Totally agree with you and am sure LJ, MA and SL are looking at the situation this way also. Think the next couple of weeks will bring quite a few surprises yet both in and out!

You seem to know a bit of what's going on with in the club, my view is just that "my view".

Take it there's no chance you are going to elaborate on things :yawn:

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

£6m for Bolassie will help.  Might be £4m, still great money though.

Just now, Davefevs said:

£6m for Bolassie will help.  Might be £4m, still great money though.

I would say irrelevant of the Bolasie money, strike while the iron is hot but as you say, another £4m-£6m can't do any harm when SL opens the chequebook.

Absolutely agree....we've been far from convincing so far yet we've managed a 100% record. Yesterday was daylight robbery...Burton didn't deserve to lose, some worryingly below par performances from our boys.

I don't buy into this 'they need a few games to get into their stride' stuff - that's what pre season is for - they should be chomping at the bit from minute one of the first game.

So, yes, now is a great time to get a couple more players in important positions. And like someone else posted today, we shouldn't buy back up players, we should go for better than we've got...

Normally the approaching end to a transfer window I'm left hoping we won't sell any of importance, I can already say that I'm already looking forward to the next 2 weeks or so but for very different reasons (although I have no doubt I'll be hoping for no major outgoings- AF, JB, KS, JK, LT & even RO'D).

Archived