IGNORED

The Official Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

And Newcastle play at home tomorrow night. One less day rest and a long trip down here. Can't hurt our chances though they've got the squad to deal with it. I'd be happy with 2 points from our next two. Not easy games and they'll be coming together sooner rather than later. Though Villa still having trouble winning

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

Not the thrashing many predicted.

Kodjia seemingly not immediately out the door.

Newcastle with a day less to prepare than us.

A few more days to perhaps bring in one or two more faces.

Can't wait for the next game.

Quite so.

Also more time to see Adam Matthews get to full match fitness and really would like to see GON and Korey in midfield asap . The whole set up is very different to this time last season. 

We all really hope to see us challenging at the top but I'm not really sure that's too likely although  I'm pretty sure we won't be challenging at the bottom either. 

• Like 4

So I've thought about the game tonight a bit before my two pence worth....

Coming away and feeling down is actually pretty positive considering we played a team who I would have fully expected to be challenging for the title come May. 

For me it's a case of when not if we 'click' as a team, I just have this feeling that when we do we may be pleasantly surprised this year. 

So a defeat is not great but to come here, feel disappointed about not getting a win - I'm actually quite comfortable with. 

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

And Newcastle play at home tomorrow night. One less day rest and a long trip down here. Can't hurt our chances though they've got the squad to deal with it. I'd be happy with 2 points from our next two. Not easy games and they'll be coming together sooner rather than later. Though Villa still having trouble winning

With you there, or one win one loss would be better.

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Quite so.

Also more time to see Adam Matthews get to full match fitness and really would like to see GON and Korey in midfield asap . The whole set up is very different to this time last season. 

We all really hope to see us challenging at the top but I'm not really sure that's too likely although  I'm pretty sure we won't be challenging at the bottom either. 

Totally with you on your middle paragraph

• Like 2

Can't argue with the result tonight - Norwich hit the woodwork twice and O'Donnell made a couple of excellent saves. And I don't think McGovern will have an easier game all season in Norwich's goal. 

Decent numbers from us tonight, especially for a Tuesday night and such a long trip - Norwich is a pain to get home from for a midweek game (there aren't even any post match trains back to London until Wednesday morning). 

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Sort of game we would've lost 4-0 last year.

Come on you reds, the good start to the season continues.

Fancy us to cause Newcastle a few problems on Saturday.

Spot on. In fairness, sounded in the last twenty they were much more likely to score a second then we were a first, but we kept battling and gave ourselves a chance.

2 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Can't argue with the result tonight - Norwich hit the woodwork twice and O'Donnell made a couple of excellent saves. And I don't think McGovern will have an easier game all season in Norwich's goal. 

Decent numbers from us tonight, especially for a Tuesday night and such a long trip - Norwich is a pain to get home from for a midweek game (there aren't even any post match trains back to London until Wednesday morning). 

With two big homes game coming up, you've really got to salute any City fan who went to the match tonight.  Those of you at the game, are either mega rich with your own helicopters, or just absolutely crazy about seeing City play.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think we set out too narrow after a bright start. Kodjia certainly put in a shift and certainly not sulking. Tammy perhaps a bit tired and not surprising given he's probably not used to the rigours of the championship just yet. ODonnell certainly kept us in it last 25. Matthews looked a massive improvement on Little. He has to start on Saturday. 

While we had a lot of play it was frustrating that we created little other than Kodijas shot that hit the outside of the post.  Norwich were very solid at back however. 

Agree with most of that although most of the play we had was 40 yards from Norwich's goal. I'm not sure we seriously threatened them at any point tonight. Whenever we got into a reasonable attacking position, the final ball in towards the box just wasn't good enough. 

I thought Abraham was too isolated upfront and I was disappointed not to see Wilbraham come on for the last 20 minutes, as I think he'd have given the Norwich defence a different challenge (and may have freed up some space for Abraham). 

It was good to see Kodjia put that shift in although he needs to learn not to try to dribble round 2 opposition players when near the edge of his own penalty area, and he again got caught needlessly offside during a promising break in the second half. 

42 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think we set out too narrow after a bright start. Kodjia certainly put in a shift and certainly not sulking. Tammy perhaps a bit tired and not surprising given he's probably not used to the rigours of the championship just yet. ODonnell certainly kept us in it last 25. Matthews looked a massive improvement on Little. He has to start on Saturday. 

While we had a lot of play it was frustrating that we created little other than Kodijas shot that hit the outside of the post.  Norwich were very solid at back however. 

Maybe a case Matthews would only have it in him to play 75 minutes in one of Norwich or Newcastle and LJ views Newcastle as more winnable?

3 hours ago, North London Red said:

And I don't think McGovern will have an easier game all season in Norwich's goal. 

That sounds odd given that many have said we played well including Radio Norwich; were we not effective in the final third ?

As others have said not a disgrace to lose by 1 goal; was hoping we might get a 1-1 draw and disappointed we lost but confidence should be intact for Saturday.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

With two big homes game coming up, you've really got to salute any City fan who went to the match tonight.  Those of you at the game, are either mega rich with your own helicopters, or just absolutely crazy about seeing City play.

Can't attend Saturday as in Cornwall celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Hence went to the game tonight. Just literally got back now! ( 3am )

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Wasn't at the game and haven't seen the highlights yet, but where did Tomlin start/play yesterday?

Hopefully will have his first good game of the season against Newcastle!