IGNORED

Will Cardiff away be a bubble match?

DaveF

32 minutes ago, Super said:

They will never be more of a rival than Rovers. Cardiff at home last season there was zero atmosphere.

Have to agree with this. The Cardiff game is talked up as a derby but it doesn't meet the criteria in my book!

We played Rovers in a JPT first round game in 2013 - SOLD OUT

We played Cardiff in FA Cup 3rd Round in 2010 - 7k.

I know it's not a perfect comparison as we were playing league games against Cardiff that season, but what sort of rivalry produces a crowd of 7k in a 20k stadium? Not exactly Celtic-Rangers is it.

This won't be a bubble match. Friday night KO, on sky, no trains running. We will be lucky to take 1000. 

Sad state of affairs really. Police will be happy but can't help think of this was on a Saturday with no transport issues and no sky TV it really would do justice to the game. 

Instead in will be played infront of barely 16,000 in a half empty stadium . 

On 5 September 2016 at 18:10, Super said:

They will never be more of a rival than Rovers. Cardiff at home last season there was zero atmosphere.

You are being selective, I've been to Cardiff v City matches and City v Cardiff games where the atmosphere has been electric, right up there with a Bristol Derby. Some (usually older fans) Cardiff fans look forward to matches against us more than Swansea. The 'Scott Murray' Derby at Ninian was amazing.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

You are being selective, I've been to Cardiff v City matches and City v Cardiff games where the atmosphere has been electric, right up there with a Bristol Derby. Some (usually older fans) Cardiff fans look forward to matches against us more than Swansea. The 'Scott Murray' Derby at Ninian was amazing.

When we did them 3-0 (1?) at home over Christmas a few years back wasn`t bad either. I think JCR got the third on the break in front of the Atyeo - mental.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

When we did them 3-0 (1?) at home over Christmas a few years back wasn`t bad either. I think JCR got the third on the break in front of the Atyeo - mental.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

new years day our leader got the first I think.....also one of the best pre match threads on ere too...

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

That was a while ago certainly nothing there anymore. 

Archived