IGNORED

Will Cardiff away be a bubble match?

DaveF

1 hour ago, WestfieldRed said:

Brainless to play the fixture on a Friday night in the first place.

Saturday lunchtime would make sense if they wanted to free up the travel options, not that it does the atmosphere much good.

I'm almost certain we'll be herded and marched to the ground again.

Sky don't make decisions based on what's sensible. 

1 hour ago, WestfieldRed said:

Brainless to play the fixture on a Friday night in the first place.

Saturday lunchtime would make sense if they wanted to free up the travel options, not that it does the atmosphere much good.

I'm almost certain we'll be herded and marched to the ground again.

As angry as being herded around makes me, that anger only adds to the spice of a game. 

I really hope not.  My in laws live 10 minutes from the ground so we can easily make a weekend of it, but the bubble scuppers that.

Seems ridiculous and unfair that one police force would deem a bubble necessary, but not the other for the return fixture.  Is the "danger" of this fixture overstated by the police?  Has their been any significant trouble in recent times?

Hi everyone! Long time City fan and reader, very occasional poster!

Has there been any development on this? I live in Cardiff and the ground is literally about 15 minutes walk from my house, so really hoping this isn't a bubble game otherwise it's an awful lot of fuss for a match so close to me.

• Admin

For those mentioning about living near Cardiff, even with the "bubble" last season some of our fans were able to collect their tickets from the Cardiff ground.

Two examples I know that happened last season, one family live in Cardiff and were able to get their tickets at the ground, other friends I know came a long way by train and were also allowed to collect at the ground.

"Personally" speaking with it being a Friday night and the Severn tunnel being closed, this is the prime time to lower the restrictions on the fixture, we know Cardiff City FC don't want the bubble so hoepully common sense may finally prevail?

On 8/17/2016 at 12:30, ChippenhamRed said:

I really hope not.  My in laws live 10 minutes from the ground so we can easily make a weekend of it, but the bubble scuppers that.

Seems ridiculous and unfair that one police force would deem a bubble necessary, but not the other for the return fixture.  Is the "danger" of this fixture overstated by the police?  Has their been any significant trouble in recent times?

You married one of them? :facepalm:

2 hours ago, phantom said:

For those mentioning about living near Cardiff, even with the "bubble" last season some of our fans were able to collect their tickets from the Cardiff ground.

Two examples I know that happened last season, one family live in Cardiff and were able to get their tickets at the ground, other friends I know came a long way by train and were also allowed to collect at the ground.

"Personally" speaking with it being a Friday night and the Severn tunnel being closed, this is the prime time to lower the restrictions on the fixture, we know Cardiff City FC don't want the bubble so hoepully common sense may finally prevail?

How did they arrange this Phantom?  I thought everyone had to collect from the services last year?

• Admin
36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How did they arrange this Phantom?  I thought everyone had to collect from the services last year?

They contacted our club and it was arranged for them to collect direct - but you are correct that was what was advertised

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 12:30, ChippenhamRed said:

By enforcing a bubble, this reduces the Policing required and therefore save the local constabulary some Over Time payments.

Archived