IGNORED

Who've We Ever Sold And Made Money On ?

headhunter

Seeing Peacock leave us to day on a Bosman having cost £600000 four years ago made me think about others that have cost us money and then left for nothing.

Go back to 92 and Cole was bought for £500k and sold within 12 months for £1.75m - Newcastle actually offered £1.25m plus a sell on but Les Kew insisted on £1.75m with no sell, a deal that cost us relegation from D1 in 94/95 when Cole went from Newcastle to Man Utd - we might have been able to keep Robert Fleck and his goals could have kept us up !

About the same time we signed Atteveld for £250k and he left for nothing, Ian Baird cost £300k and went for nothing or £185k [can't remember].

More recently Seebok £400k, Testimatanu £250k, Soren Andersen £250k, Steve Jones £400k, Tony Thorpe £1m

There are others I'm sure but it doesn't make good reading and it's not just one manager !

Any others to add to this list or those we HAVE made ££ on ?

[ps Goater bought for £150k sold for £400k - well that's comforting but his absence for the final games of 97/98 probably cost us the championship !]

Seeing Peacock leave us to day on a Bosman having cost £600000 four years ago made me think about others that have cost us money and then left for nothing.

Go back to 92 and Cole was bought for £500k and sold within 12 months for £1.75m - Newcastle actually offered £1.25m plus a sell on but Les Kew insisted on £1.75m with no sell, a deal that cost us relegation from D1 in 94/95 when Cole went from Newcastle to Man Utd - we might have been able to keep Robert Fleck and his goals could have kept us up !

About the same time we signed Atteveld for £250k and he left for nothing, Ian Baird cost £300k and went for nothing or £185k [can't remember].

More recently Seebok £400k, Testimatanu £250k, Soren Andersen £250k, Steve Jones £400k, Tony Thorpe £1m

There are others I'm sure but it doesn't make good reading and it's not just one manager !

Any others to add to this list or those we HAVE made ££ on ?

[ps Goater bought for £150k sold for £400k - well that's comforting but his absence for the final games of 97/98 probably cost us the championship !]

Jim Brennan.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Others I can think of with us paying fees and receiving little in return

Scott Murray (think we probably made a loss what with signing on fee etc)

Steve Torpey

Terry Connor (Retired injured after we had paid something like £200000 for)

Bo Anderson

Wayne Allison

That was just a start as well. I bet the total would be very embarrising.

Players we made a profit on:

Akinbyi

Andrew Jordan (£50000 Cardiff from youth)

Ralph Milne!!

Bob Taylor

Jim Brennan.

I immediately thought Brennan, but if you're going to include him you may as well say Rob Newman.

Terrible record for City though, perhaps the players coming through the Academy will allow City to sell one or two players when their value is at a peak.

Others I can think of with us paying fees and receiving little in return

Scott Murray (think we probably made a loss what with signing on fee etc)

Steve Torpey

Terry Connor (Retired injured after we had paid something like £200000 for)

Bo Anderson

Wayne Allison

That was just a start as well. I bet the total would be very embarrising.

Players we made a profit on:

Akinbyi

Andrew Jordan (£50000 Cardiff from youth)

Ralph Milne!!

Bob Taylor

We lost money on wards fantastic signing of Carl Hutchings, and I thought that we got $400,000 for allison.

Didn't we sign Soren Anderson for 500k and sell him on for much the same.

Colin Cramb we signed for more than we got for him aswell.

Guest RedHotCityPepper

We signed Paul Holland and Billy Mercer for £200,000-£300,000 each and they both retired injured after about a season and a half at the club.

Archived