IGNORED

FIFA 17

WRERE

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm fairly sure those are last seasons ratings, if they aren't, they're very very similar. How does it play? Feel different to 16?

Ratings and attributes will most probably change before full release but there are differences from the 16 ratings. Kodjia has been bumped up to 4* skill moves. 

Only played a few games so far but it feels and looks quite arcady and quick paced. 

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

Ratings and attributes will most probably change before full release but there are differences from the 16 ratings. Kodjia has 4* skill moves. 

Only played a few games so far but it feels and looks quite arcady and quick paced. 

Wow, they've not changed much then. I think those ratings are identical to the ones on the last patch for 16.

Any of our players have their real faces? I assume Tomlin and O'Neil

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wow, they've not changed much then. I think those ratings are identical to the ones on the last patch for 16.

Any of our players have their real faces? I assume Tomlin and O'Neil

Yep just those two from what I saw 

If you're not a premier league club or a top 4 team in France, Italy, Spain or Germany you can consistently count on your team being woeful. They don't pay much attention to anyone else. O'Dowda will be slow. Little will still probably be a RWB. Kodjia will get a small upgrade because he is in the top 5 scorers. They don't put any effort into the game unless is FUT where, you guessed it, they make the bulk of their money. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

If you're not a premier league club or a top 4 team in France, Italy, Spain or Germany you can consistently count on your team being woeful. They don't pay much attention to anyone else. O'Dowda will be slow. Little will still probably be a RWB. Kodjia will get a small upgrade because he is in the top 5 scorers. They don't put any effort into the game unless is FUT where, you guessed it, they make the bulk of their money. 

I haven't played Fifa since 2013, I was playing as us against a plastic Man U fan. Would beat him wveeytime using the power and pace of JET on a counter attack, usually with Baldock up with him.

The players may be disproportionately worse, but not unusable.

5 hours ago, City169 said:

I haven't played Fifa since 2013, I was playing as us against a plastic Man U fan. Would beat him wveeytime using the power and pace of JET on a counter attack, usually with Baldock up with him.

The players may be disproportionately worse, but not unusable.

They are usable. They get some ratings right. I think Flint and Kodjia are about right. The problem is they will have a few key attributes short of what they should be. Like COD pace last year was about 74 or they'll have positions wrong. 

14 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Wouldn't have thought so. Only the prem teams have the proper stadiums for the English clubs I think

They do leave them in when they are relegated though which is good. So the championship is growing. 

Newcastle, Villa, QPR and Norwich all have their real stadium. Another new one this year is Boro, that's why I wanted Sheff W to go up instead of Hull!

I wish they would allow you to, optionally, play teams online regardless of star level. In FIFA 08 online my sole tactic was "pass to Sproule and just run past everyone". Scoring as Maynard from 40 yards out against Barcelona or parking the bus and nicking a 1-0 against a Chelsea/Real Madrid was always hilarious. It's tough, with a lot of losses, but a lot of fun to occasionally stuff Man Utd. Not to mention the one or two times a year you got to play against Rovers.

The closest I can get to this is with Ultimate Team (I use a gold goalkeeper and only current/former city players) but it's not as much fun against an entire team of 90s. Still have more wins mind and can stay in Div 2.

8 minutes ago, Gibbs said:

I wish they would allow you to, optionally, play teams online regardless of star level. In FIFA 08 online my sole tactic was "pass to Sproule and just run past everyone". Scoring as Maynard from 40 yards out against Barcelona or parking the bus and nicking a 1-0 against a Chelsea/Real Madrid was always hilarious. It's tough, with a lot of losses, but a lot of fun to occasionally stuff Man Utd. Not to mention the one or two times a year you got to play against Rovers.

The closest I can get to this is with Ultimate Team (I use a gold goalkeeper and only current/former city players) but it's not as much fun against an entire team of 90s. Still have more wins mind and can stay in Div 2.

Yeah I miss the days where you basically chose any team once you got matched up with an opponent. And also lobbies where people who wanted to play with (say) championship teams could find similar people 

20 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Which has the better career mode out of Fifa and PES?

Haven't played PES in years but it's fair to say that FIFA neglect career mode in favour of the more that makes them the money. 

But as far as I'm aware PES are still light years behind in terms of the licensing etc so realism is probably better in FIFA. 

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Haven't played PES in years but it's fair to say that FIFA neglect career mode in favour of the more that makes them the money. 

But as far as I'm aware PES are still light years behind in terms of the licensing etc so realism is probably better in FIFA. 

I played it last year and it was alright for a bit, but as usual with Fifa you quickly work out a tactic against the computer that makes it easy to score, even on legendary. Also all AI controlled teams play in the exact same way which is a bit of a shame.

With regards to licensing I think people release packs that give everyone their correct name pretty quickly?

Archived