IGNORED

** OTIB **

PFree

Just a thought, and perhaps its because I am not Bristol based, but should we get so hung up on our neighbours and keep on about it as much as we do?

As a club and as supporters of that club, we have so much to be happy about? A fantastic new stadium, some great new players, the Bolasie windfall, a superb benefactor and 'fan' in SL, a sports stable that others could only dream of, Championship football, a record attendance at tomorrow's game, we are building towards a shot at the Premiership etc.

By contrast our neighbours have very little hence why not just say nothing and let the silence speak volumes, after all they know what gap exists? It's okay to have a bit of banter and fun but why go so far, okay we have a GOLD away kit that has a tiny bit of Dark Blue (that complements the Rugby) but so what??

They can support their club (and we should respect that) but with so much to be happy about, surely our focus should be elsewhere?

Anyway, getting excited about the game tomorrow now, COYR :city:

Some posters seem to think that "hating" the gas is cool and unfortunately that's not likely to change.

In my decades of supporting City I've never really hated the gas. Sure, I have some Gashead mates but with them it's just friendly banter.

One in particular was shocked when I told him in the pub after a game at AG that City had played crap are were lucky to hang on for a draw. He couldn't fathom why I'd been so honest. "I d never admit that about the Gas" he said.  

Sadly there are City fans who have the same attitude.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Some posters seem to think that "hating" the gas is cool and unfortunately that's not likely to change.

In my decades of supporting City I've never really hated the gas. Sure, I have some Gashead mates but with them it's just friendly banter.

One in particular was shocked when I told him in the pub after a game at AG that City had played crap are were lucky to hang on for a draw. He couldn't fathom why I'd been so honest. "I d never admit that about the Gas" he said.  

I'm always honest with them as well , I think that sums up the two fan bases . They stick they're collective heads in the sand no matter what . 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

how can you hate such comedy gold?

Agree with RR. Never hated the gas or their support. To the original poster you must agree that some of the stuff on the Rovers thread is hilarious especially the tent section. I do wonder at times if some on here see their supposed hatred of all things gas is worn as a badge of honour, a transparent badge perhaps.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, PFree said:

Just a thought, and perhaps its because I am not Bristol based, but should we get so hung up on our neighbours and keep on about it as much as we do?

As a club and as supporters of that club, we have so much to be happy about? A fantastic new stadium, some great new players, the Bolasie windfall, a superb benefactor and 'fan' in SL, a sports stable that others could only dream of, Championship football, a record attendance at tomorrow's game, we are building towards a shot at the Premiership etc.

By contrast our neighbours have very little hence why not just say nothing and let the silence speak volumes, after all they know what gap exists? It's okay to have a bit of banter and fun but why go so far, okay we have a GOLD away kit that has a tiny bit of Dark Blue (that complements the Rugby) but so what??

They can support their club (and we should respect that) but with so much to be happy about, surely our focus should be elsewhere?

Anyway, getting excited about the game tomorrow now, COYR :city:

So you start ANOTHER thread about them?

Growing up watching derby matches through the late 80's and 90's I've nothing but despise for them.

The way they tried to rob Ashton Gate in '82 is enough reason in itself to hate them

For now I am going to enjoy watching their demise, I'm City first and 100% but always have time to laugh at the blue few

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, Robbored is right. Definitely makes complete sense to irrationally hate a successful former manager of your club - but not your closest same city rivals! :P

Phil just won the internet

PM me your address, there must be some kind of award for this.....

6 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I presumed that part, but the prior posts.. 

You have to remember, it's Tetbury we're talking about. It's the three F's or nothing, fishing, fighting and *******

Or is it the three B's, beer, bowling and bumming.....can't remember now

50 minutes ago, PFree said:

By contrast our neighbours have very little hence why not just say nothing and let the silence speak volumes, after all they know what gap exists? 

I, on the other hand, am based in Bristol and from a 'banter' perspective this means I get the pleasure of hearing my club slagged off on a regular basis by smug bastard work colleagues and in laws who genuinely don't seem to see that we are well ahead of them on and off the pitch. 

If the tables were turned we'd be getting it far worse. Plus, as I mentioned on another thread, the ones that hate us the most absolutely despise it when we laugh and mock them. Ignoring their comical shitness just lets those particular  Gasheads off the hook....and don't think for a second they don't read OTIB. :rofl2br:

48 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He means at bowls.. I think :cool:

As far as I know there's no bowls club in Tetbury. If there is they're largely unknown on the bowls circuit. 

I used to work with a guy from Tetbury. He said he couldn't wait to move away......

Archived