IGNORED

Premier League Friday Night Football

The Coach

What an absolute shower of shite of a format. Is this the way football is going? Turning into what seems a daytime question show like Loose Woman? Kick off is at 8pm, but the so called build up has started at 6:30pm?

They've just gone live to a pub in Manchester. Two fans asking a question. Funnily enough one is from Wales, the other sounds from Essex(typical plastics) one question even being has Jamie Carragher had his dinner yet? What the f*** have Sky Sports conjured up with this program? Also, has anyone told Sky Sports this isn't the first Friday night game this season? Did they forget they aired Fulham vs Newcastle?

Yet again, a show aimed at the spectators of the Premier League. How worse can it get?

On a last note. A great man once said "You don't want roast beef and Yorkshire every night and twice on Sunday." This was regarding too much football being shown on television. That man was Brian Clough.

I understand why people are annoyed about this. But surely Monday night football has already set the precedent for this, and surely that's worse? At least with a Friday night game you can make a long weekend of it and don't have to worry about work the next day.

Not to mention the fact that football league games have been shown on a Friday night for ages anyway.

About the football, Southampton look like a really solid side.  Forster in goal and a first choice back 4 of Cedric, Van Dyke, Fonte, Bertrand (although Targett is playing tonight).  Look at Man City's keeper and back 4 in comparison:-  Caballero, Sagna, Stones, Ottamendi, Clichy - all of them sketchy.

Just now, The Bard said:

About the football, Southampton look like a really solid side.  Forster in goal and a first choice back 4 of Cedric, Van Dyke, Fonte, Bertrand (although Targett is playing tonight).  Look at Man City's keeper and back 4 in comparison:-  Caballero, Sagna, Stones, Ottamendi, Clichy - all of them sketchy.

How's that for timing..

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

How stupid does that pogba look, seriously:badmood:

When he  and his agent look at their bank statements I suspect he doesn't give a flying fig how stupid he looks.

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

They've just gone live to a pub in Manchester. Two fans asking a question. Funnily enough one is from Wales, the other sounds from Essex (typical plastics)...

Totally agree....always makes me laugh when I hear a sag call us 'plastic franchise' fans - they haven't a clue what it even means!

To be fair though, Ibrahimovic has now scored 65 goals in his last 64 club games....and we wet ourselves over JK's record!

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

Personally; had a shit week, and this isn't a bad game to sit down with a drink in front of.

Just don't watch the crap surrounding it; million other channels to distract yourself with between the game itself.

Yeah i venture past the 900 channels from time to time :whistle:.

Also hopefully your week is saved by a victory from the reds tomorrow !!

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I understand why people are annoyed about this. But surely Monday night football has already set the precedent for this, and surely that's worse? At least with a Friday night game you can make a long weekend of it and don't have to worry about work the next day.

Yep. At first I thought Friday night Prem games would be rubbish, but actually does make much more sense to me than Monday nights.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not to mention the fact that football league games have been shown on a Friday night for ages anyway.

You been around birmingham and the M6 on a Friday afternoon?

Archived