IGNORED

Premier League Friday Night Football

The Coach

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The hockey is much better!

Indeed - that was on tele but still had football going as well on I-pad to my left and bet365 on the I-phone to my right. I was like Captain Kirk in my little armchair - it was great - Jim !!

Do you think the majority of sky sports subscribers do sour for thepremier league? I subscribexpect for the NFL and the Super league. If sky lost the NFL I would cancel. I wonder what would happen if the PL launched its own channel?

As has been highlighted on here. The game fell on this fixture to simply please Sky and Manchester United spectators. I understand some saying what the difference from having a game on a Friday night when midweek football is almost on every week? It's just simply too much football being shown on television and draws away the people from the stadium and more into the comfort of their own home. If less games were shown I'm pretty sure more people would make the effort to go support their team in person rather from a TV. Also it's pretty obvious no concern was shown to the Southampton faithful, who have made this trip on a Friday night. If anyone on this forum has also experienced making a trip up the M6 will know how bad it is, but to do so on a Friday is just plain ridiculous. I actually felt a lot for the Southampton fans last night. Also all that build up and Mourinho wanting to make Old Trafford a fortress. Well, the atmosphere was dire.

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

As has been highlighted on here. The game fell on this fixture to simply please Sky and Manchester United spectators. I understand some saying what the difference from having a game on a Friday night when midweek football is almost on every week? It's just simply too much football being shown on television and draws away the people from the stadium and more into the comfort of their own home. If less games were shown I'm pretty sure more people would make the effort to go support their team in person rather from a TV. Also it's pretty obvious no concern was shown to the Southampton faithful, who have made this trip on a Friday night. If anyone on this forum has also experienced making a trip up the M6 will know how bad it is, but to do so on a Friday is just plain ridiculous. I actually felt a lot for the Southampton fans last night. Also all that build up and Mourinho wanting to make Old Trafford a fortress. Well, the atmosphere was dire.

The M6 on a Friday is normally bad enough.

It would have been worse for the Saints fans yesterday because of the extra traffic caused by the Man U fans travelling to Old Trafford  from all over the south and south west on the same motorway.

Archived