IGNORED

Mark Little

Bs4Red

11 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Point me to anyone who said the same in reference to those players as the person I responded to who said " Freeman played brilliant today not sure what game you were watching " and /i would have posted the same - or do you think Freeman was brilliant today ?

Not brilliant, but at least looking for the ball, trying stuff. Seems to me that those who play safe but create nothing get more respect.

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Freeman played brilliant today not sure what game you were watching

Freeman had a bright start but then he ended up playing like, well, Freeman , lots of sparkle but no end product , followed by a loss of confidence and bad decision making . 

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Not brilliant, but at least looking for the ball, trying stuff. Seems to me that those who play safe but create nothing get more respect.

I thought most of our team were very mediocre today. O'Neil, Flint, Maggs had good games, the rest could not really do much - but I think it was more down to Newcastle just being very solid and playing a good game.

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

Matthews gave their left winger far too much room while he was on, whether that was down to the injury I don't know 

Little's confidence looked totall shot to me, resulted in playing the safe ball eveytime. This right back spot could end up being our Achilles heel.

I think both these points are spot on. Gourffran had so much time on the left it was quite embarrassing really either from tactics or bad positioning. When either Matthews or Little got tight hus threat was nullified but didn't happen enough in 1st half.

Little just looked like a player who was petrified of making a mistake but when that happens you'll generally make mistakes. He defended okay ish but always looked like a mistake was about to happen. That's not a criticism of him, sometimes it just works that way. He needs to work through it and try play with some confidence. Whether that'll be enough for him to be considered a championship rb, only time will tell

We are clearly short in the right full back arials. I felt sorry for Little as our style has changed since the days of Cotts when we played with pace and power and less finess. 

The job he's being asked to do he is not capable of doing. Not in the script the injury to Vyner ,  Mathews and Ayling going to Leeds. 

Pretty sure LJ will address the situation. 

Seriously, anyone who went to Burton or Norwich would not be saying the same. He was better today that both. Still poor and several stupid touches but for me he was much closer to the player he can be today, than he was in either of our last two away games. Can't give you a good reason besides the fact that Gary O'Neil was literally everywhere. I don't know if someone plugged him into the mains before kick off but he gave Little and every other City player so much support it was O'Neil v at times.

Mark Little is a decent asset. Obviously a little low on confidence not helped by him becoming the new whipping boy for some. The bigger issue is Matthews and LJ's post match comments as it seemed LJ was implying (I'l take my own countenance on that) that Mathews was not fit.

Either way if Matthews is out for a while then Mark Little will be playing unless someone else is coming in. So supporting the fella is in all our best interests!  

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Mark Little is a decent asset. Obviously a little low on confidence not helped by him becoming the new whipping boy for some. The bigger issue is Matthews and GJ's post match comments as it seemed GJ was implying (I'l take my own countenance on that) that Mathews was not fit.

Either way if Matthews is out for a while then Mark Little will be playing unless someone else is coming in. So supporting the fella is in all our best interests!  

How did GJ get the inside line on these things? ;)

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If the criticism is accurate and justified, then he's not a scapegoat. I would say in this case the criticism is just that - there are good reasons why he has been identified as the weak link. He is clearly not of the quality of the rest of the team. People don't just pick a player at random.

If he truly is a weak link (which I'm not saying he is) then it is the manager who should be criticised (for picking him) not the player so long as he does his best. How does it help the team to barrack a player and how can he play well in those circumstances?

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

If he truly is a weak link (which I'm not saying he is) then it is the manager who should be criticised (for picking him) not the player so long as he does his best. How does it help the team to barrack a player and how can he play well in those circumstances?

So we're not allowed to criticise the performance of a footballer on a football forum now?

Agree the player should not be openly barracked at the ground...but surely these sort of discussions are quite rightly the meat and drink of a forum such as this.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So we're not allowed to criticise the performance of a footballer on a football forum now?

Agree the player should not be openly barracked at the ground...but surely these sort of discussions are quite rightly the meat and drink of a forum such as this.

Of course you're allowed to criticise on here just as I'm allowed not to agree with you!

13 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Of course you're allowed to criticise on here just as I'm allowed not to agree with you!

I'm not sure we're actually disagreeing! I agree Johnson shouldn't be immune from criticism, though in his defence it was an enforced change to bring on Little, that he would probably rather not have made.

It's really hard for an ex player to talk badly about a current player but Little looked as if he was out his depth last year  and im staggered he's still with us, I was also amazed when Ayling left as he's young, strong and a great player who can play right back or centre half but if you are looking to trim your squad other clubs will want him so he had to go, but I wouldn't of sold him. But Little looks disinterested and overweight, just not good enough, as for Freeman, brilliant, the most creative player at the club apart from Tomlin, and the reason we got promoted, praise him, get behind him and the results will come, come on you reds, was I the only one who expected more at the game than there was ?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Solid performance today, very impressive, building on other decent performances recently, those looking for a scapegoat probably need to move on...

Yes, very good performance today both defending and attacking. It looks like he`s got his fitness back finally so that`s got to be good news.

2 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

I was one of his harshest critics earlier on in the season but fair play to him, he's greatly improved and Matthews is going to have to be at the top of his game to dislodge Little from the starting XI. 

I thought he had a really good game, fair play to him as I thought he was very average on Tuesday,

Archived