IGNORED

Today's ref

Redmycolour

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

NTTDS Told us that last week. Also pointed that the ref is card happy and hoped that Tomlin would keep his gob shut......:facepalm:

Tomlin appeared to get booked for having a Newcastle player run there studs down the back of his heel. 

As I said in the Newcastle thread he was so one eyed as to be beyond belief.

That new dissent rule, for instance I didn't realise that it only applies to the home side..

Really wrong he was so local to them, reckon we'll get a ref from Yate for the Villa game?

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

That new dissent rule, for instance I didn't realise that it only applies to the home side..

Really wrong he was so local to them, reckon we'll get a ref from Yate for the Villa game?

If we did, he'd probably be gas.

I think he gave us more calls but carded us more. I said in another thread he gave us some soft ones for 70 minutes and let some our similar ones go. Last 20 minutes he was very pro Newcastle. Not the worst I've seen but so inconsistent which for me is bad refereeing. As was mentioned earlier in the week he from the NE but from an area where they probably despise Newcastle. I don't think anything in this one boys. Just not a very good one.

Just now, Cap flinger said:

Booked Tomlin for dissent but nothing for Colback who ran at him f-ing and jeffing! That lack of consistency is what frustrates people.

Yep, inconsistent and favoured them on the 50-50s.  We saw much worse last season...but it is frustrating when the big boys get the decisions.

Was Tammy pushed into the net from Hordur's header?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, inconsistent and favoured them on the 50-50s.  We saw much worse last season...but it is frustrating when the big boys get the decisions.

Looked like it to me. And Flinty was dragged over by three of theirs in the first half at a corner.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was in line and it really did looked like he was pushed. Mind you, the lino on down that end of the pitch did nothing at all to help the ref out. Although ref must have been able to see it. 

I thought the ref was terrible today. Not sour grapes and don't think he was biased toward Newcastle as such, just a terrible ref. Far far too inconsistent and that is what infuriates players, managers and staff. 

5 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

I thought the ref was terrible today. Not sour grapes and don't think he was biased toward Newcastle as such, just a terrible ref. Far far too inconsistent and that is what infuriates players, managers and staff. 

He was consistent alright, he saw most decisions Newcastle's way and allowed them to show repeated dissent and commit unpunished fouls that he booked our players for.

I haven't seen Pembo and LJ have such a go at a ref before as they did at HT and FT.

Nothing wrong with todays ref, how about:

Little:just noy good enough

Flint: Brain dead for the goal, let the player run off him and only had to step up for him to be off side

reid: shite, but hey ho hes from Bristol

Kodge: played ut of position

Freeman: Should never pull on our shirt again

Johnson: Shite team, shite subs, sold our best right back, why did o dowd not start?

9 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Flint: Brain dead for the goal, let the player run off him and only had to step up for him to be off side

Johnson: Shite team, shite subs, sold our best right back, why did o dowd not start?

I take it your eyes were shut for the whole game.

We had a good 3-4 penalty shouts, 2 would have been harsh on Newcastle if given, but the exact same decisions given against us. Tomlin booked for dissent, Colbeck not booked for dissent- no consistency is not good refereeing. 

Blatant fouls not being awarded, and O'Neil not being booked for a very late tackle. Ball thrown away by a Newcastle player at a throw in and Newcastle players committing several fouls yet none booked, ours booked for first offence.

The referee was awful, it's not an excuse for losing, but if life was fair we would have taken a point.

Little, played better than Matthews did and actually stopped the threat posed by the cross field passes to Gouffran.

Reid, not great, but not as bad as you say, there were bright sparks but Newcastle were closing down players very quickly.

Kodjia was very good first half and not played out of position. He can play as EITHER a winger OR a striker, and did so for clubs before he signed for us.

Freeman was bright and caused trouble, but his decision making is poor, he needs to be quicker with the final ball, but he caused their full backs some issues.

Nothing wrong with the line up picked today, nor the tactics. Our best right back is still here but went off injured. Ayling was overrated anyway. 

O'Dowda was worse than Freeman during his time on the pitch, yet you lament one not starting and say the other should never play for us again.

Agree with much of your post @City169 - except Reid, thought he had a decent game.  My only criticism of him today (not expecting him to be perfect) was passing to Tomlin, because Tomlin wanted it, even though it wasn't the best option.  Thought he was bright today, and growing in stature. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Agree with much of your post @City169 - except Reid, thought he had a decent game.  My only criticism of him today (not expecting him to be perfect) was passing to Tomlin, because Tomlin wanted it, even though it wasn't the best option.  Thought he was bright today, and growing in stature. 

I don't think he had a particularly bad game, just not up to the standard we have been seeing from him since LJ got the job. I think that's partly down to how quick Newcastle were closing our players down. 

There was some really desperate defending on show from them today, part of the reason we had so few notable shots on goal is because they were throwing themselves in front of everything. The other part of the reason being Freeman seemed to want 2 minutes to think about whether he should cross or not and then decide against it whenever he had the ball in a good position.

No-one liked him - and it seems he has previously covered Newcastle reserve games;

From NUFC.com;

Referee: Tony Harrington -a first senior appointment involving Newcastle for the Cleveland whistler, who previously handled reserve games involving us.

Hopefully that's the only level we see him at again, as he looked totally out of his depth and guessing at many of the decisions.

The continual fouling of Gayle and Ritchie went largely unpunished while the merest of misdemeanours had him dramatically whistling and pointing.

His worst crime was to completely miss a wild lunge by O'Neill on Colback as he was looking in totally the wrong direction. His linesman had no such excuse - looking directly at the incident but failing to flag.

The fourth official also managed to introduce an element of farce to proceedings by holding up a subs board with no numbers on it, leaving players and fans to guess who was leaving the field.

22 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

No-one liked him - and it seems he has previously covered Newcastle reserve games;

From NUFC.com;

Referee: Tony Harrington -a first senior appointment involving Newcastle for the Cleveland whistler, who previously handled reserve games involving us.

Hopefully that's the only level we see him at again, as he looked totally out of his depth and guessing at many of the decisions.

The continual fouling of Gayle and Ritchie went largely unpunished while the merest of misdemeanours had him dramatically whistling and pointing.

His worst crime was to completely miss a wild lunge by O'Neill on Colback as he was looking in totally the wrong direction. His linesman had no such excuse - looking directly at the incident but failing to flag.

The fourth official also managed to introduce an element of farce to proceedings by holding up a subs board with no numbers on it, leaving players and fans to guess who was leaving the field.

Haha! Well, I guess we can at least all agree he was crap! Clearly in Newcastle pushing someone into the net doesn't even count as a misdemeanour! And he did see the lunge by O'Neill: he played advantage and spoke to him when the ball was next out of play. What he did miss though was the kick by Colback at O'Neill when he was getting up and trying to run. 

1 hour ago, tommy_b said:

From NUFC.com;

I can definitely agree with this viewpoint.

Ref was poor both directions yesterday... He gave us some really soft decisions which even made me question my love of this contact sport and vice versa. 

Both sets of fans should feel aggrieved by his performance and that 'challenge' by O'Neil was well worthy of a yellow.

30 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

is performance and that 'challenge' by O'Neil was well worthy of a yellow.

I think O'Neill was very carefully planting the seed of "ref he kicked out at me as I got up" as the game was in play post incident. Since the ref clearly didn't see it, it'd have been harsh for him to punish one and not the other.

18 hours ago, frenchred said:

Oh we've got either gashead or a toony on our forum

22 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Halesowen

Archived