IGNORED

Lansdown Stand Upper Tier

David Brent

33 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Why are people who are obeying orders always jobsworths? Not saying you would have stayed up there, but why should someone pay 30 quid for a seat, and then sit in one worth 41?

Because one of the stewards I asked, it was as if I asked if I could shag his wife. Nothing to do with obeying orders.

I just wanted to have a look, nothing wrong with that. I had my ticket for where I wanted to sit.

Anyway, how was it up there?

We tried to enter the concourse via the Lansdown entrances and then walk around to our seats in the Dolman. The steward wouldn't let us but said we could enter at the South Stand end and walk back down the Lansdown concourse if we wanted to see it. She was embarrassed to say it because she knew it made little sense, but not her fault, she was just doing as instructed. Odd instruction though.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We tried to enter the concourse via the Lansdown entrances and then walk around to our seats in the Dolman. The steward wouldn't let us but said we could enter at the South Stand end and walk back down the Lansdown concourse if we wanted to see it. She was embarrassed to say it because she knew it made little sense, but not her fault, she was just doing as instructed. Odd instruction though.

Pretty sure she gave you duff information. You can of course, enter any turnstile for any of the three stands. 

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

Pretty sure she gave you duff information. You can of course, enter any turnstile for any of the three stands. 

You can, but she said today specifically they only wanted people using the Lansdown stand to enter via the Lansdown turnstiles. Presumably something to do with the safety certificate or trying to manage flow I guess.

Fantastic view, I was in W8 high up and the views of Bristol are amazing, in the top level all the food and drink stalls were open and when I went for my cider, I had a choice of 8 willing staff...... Brilliant all round.

The only down side up there is you feel a little detached from the play and atoms-here, but that is minor 10 out of 10 for me and THANK YOU Mr Lansdown.....

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You can, but she said today specifically they only wanted people using the Lansdown stand to enter via the Lansdown turnstiles. Presumably something to do with the safety certificate or trying to manage flow I guess.

I was told by a steward the barriers weren't working properly so fans were limited to entering at the turnstiles on their tickets, she said it should be working for future games and you would be able to enter by any turnstile

3 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Fantastic view, I was in W8 high up and the views of Bristol are amazing, in the top level all the food and drink stalls were open and when I went for my cider, I had a choice of 8 willing staff...... Brilliant all round.

The only down side up there is you feel a little detached from the play and atoms-here, but that is minor 10 out of 10 for me and THANK YOU Mr Lansdown.....

I thought the whole game was quiet as opposed to the Wigan game.

3 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

How was it up there? I wanted to have a look but was refused by jobsworth stewards at both ends of the stand. This was early as well so no real danger. Never mind.

I swapped from the Dolman to Lansdown upper in W5 for the day and had a good view just a few too many sets of stairs to climb on the way up to the upper tier, I wouldn't like to try them after a few pints :blink:

image.jpeg

Archived