IGNORED

Ashton Rd / Greville Smith Park

Newcastle came out the ground a bit boisterous and fair enough they won the game . Then some of their burbury lot started singing Bristols a shit hole , a group of our lads took exception to it and few bottles were thrown into them and a bit of fisty cuffs from city . Newcastle shut up pretty quickly but some of our lads seemed to carry it on with the police who fair play to them took no messing and the batons came out. That's what I seen of it anyway . 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Newcastle came out the ground a bit boisterous and fair enough they won the game . Then some of their burbury lot started singing Bristols a shit hole , a group of our lads took exception to it and few bottles were thrown into them and a bit of fisty cuffs from city . Newcastle shut up pretty quickly but some of our lads seemed to carry it on with the police who fair play to them took no messing and the batons came out. That's what I seen of it anyway . 

That would explain it then we were just in front when it all started to go pear shaped

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Got to be well 'ard to chuck a bottle. Good lads. 

10 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

trouble in north street after. police with horses keeping city fans away from Newcastle. hope nobody innocent was caught up in it.

The answers explain what was going on behind us then, looks like we were just in front of two feuding groups.

Good fatherly advice was given to my two sons on the way back to the car by the yours truly, stop daudaling and walk faster please!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:
2 minutes ago, TheBigMan said:

Looks pathetic, adults posturing at each other. Apparently this is what makes football enjoyable according to some, the 'edge'-and a few on here wonder why football fans get a raw deal.....reap what you sow and all that. 

I thought that was proved to be a lie spread on the gashead forum last week?  @Tomarse said there was no sign of trouble on another thread somewhere.

No unfortunately not. Outside Al Tikka Grill as I was walking along with my 15 year old  daughter and my mother who is 74, both were less than impressed, not the first time any of us had seen trouble at home. 

between heave and hell The answers explain what was going on behind us then, looks like we were just in front of two feuding groups.
Good fatherly advice was given to my two sons on the way back to the car by the yours truly, stop daudaling and walk faster please!

Not condoning it but geordies with shirts and families were walking up North Street and appeared invisible to the City lads who were only interested in one group of Newcastle fans.

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Were you there?

There was abit of a flare up but old bill reacted and said mini bus was ushered towards the ground

We were sat in the park and there was no damage to the vehicle as far as we could see

The Wigan mini bus had the back lights kicked in and the side window shattered. The Windows that were open anyone sat in them had to dodge a few punches. Struggle to keep side door closed as City intent on dragging Wigan guys out. Me the daughter and me ma was ten yards away . 

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

TBF - there's a similar riotous reaction when a house in the area comes on the market for less than £350,000.

I bet the residents almost spilt their skinny latte whilst watching watching these unpleasant scenes unfold in Mr Ferguson's boutique cafe culture in North St.

Funny.

I heard one of them say "this never happened in Camden"..

5 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Were you there?

There was abit of a flare up but old bill reacted and said mini bus was ushered towards the ground

We were sat in the park and there was no damage to the vehicle as far as we could see

Agree with this 100%

Saw it driving away and seemed perfectly intact

Archived