IGNORED

Choice of referee for Newcastle match

cidered abroad

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

How does that work with a referee from Hartlepool (Tony Harrington), an assistant from Kent (Darren Blunden), an assistant from Nottinghamshire (Mark Jones) and a fourth official from Worcestershire (John Law)?

Tony travels to Darren's, they both the drive to Marks, Mark Takes over the driving and picks up John. They all then travel to Bristol Airport and get on the Newcastle team coach that awaits the Newcastle players. Simple

10 hours ago, cidercity said:

I am sure its very necessary for someone to question this appointment, surely being from the northeast he will know these players quite well as they will be on his local TV nearly everyday.

I am not saying he was directly bias but surely he could have been subconsciously.

He could be bias based on a whole host of things, unless you're planning on taking up telekinesis soon it might be difficult to tell.

Rovers are 'on our screens' most nights; I couldn't even tell you the names of more than a few players. Could you?

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

He could be bias based on a whole host of things, unless you're planning on taking up telekinesis soon it might be difficult to tell.

Rovers are 'on our screens' most nights; I couldn't even tell you the names of more than a few players. Could you?

All I know is they have a homeless guy playing for them and probably sleeping in one of their tents and some bloke who agreed to join Oxford but for some reason came back with his tail between his legs and then announced he could be off as soon as a club comes in for him. 

• Admin

Another odd appointment?

The appointment of Anthony Taylor as referee for Liverpool's clash with Manchester United on Monday has already become a topic for debate among Anfield supporters.

The 37-year-old was born in Wythenshawe in Greater Manchester and resides in Altrincham - only 6.2 miles away from Old Trafford.

Taylor is an Altrincham supporter and referees are vetted by the PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Limited) yet some fans have still taken to social media to voice disapproval of the appointment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3832538/Liverpool-fans-query-appointment-Anthony-Taylor-referee-clash-against-Manchester-United-Anfield.html#ixzz4Mmu3AwaK 

Archived